[ seven ]

[ seven  ] i don't even know you and i already missed you.

-

But time stops, You approach me saying,

"I don't even know you and I already missed you."

Every morning, I skip the direct route

and get on this train.

-

filled with embarrassment from the week before, she boarded the train.

she sat in her usual seat and an elderly woman sat next to her as people piled in and out of the train. next to the woman was an empty seat.

michael waited for the train, holding her book in hand, along with a new one he had purchased for her. if she was going to give him her favorite book, he felt he owed it to her to get her something new to read.

it was called: 

neruda: twenty love poems and a desperate song.

he saw the train approaching the station and sighed. after having showed his mates the book with her response to him in it, they were now encouraging him to talk to her.

one of his mates even joked that he would visit the same starbucks every tuesday to see if he'd find a girl.

michael told his friend it didn't work that way.

as the doors opened with a whoosh and people piled in, he stepped into the train and saw her in her usual seat. she was looking down at her feet nervously and his feet carried him in her direction.

he stopped in front of her.

at first quietly, but then with all the courage he could muster up, he told her, "dulce maria..."

her head tilted up and her brown eyes met his. 

now that he had her attention, he continued, 

"The honeysuckle will return,

to climb the walls in your garden,
and open once again at evening
their even more beautiful flowers,"

slowly, her lips parted to allow her response to flow,

"but those blooms that were full of dew

where we saw the trembling drops
fall like tears of the day ...
those... will not return."

the woman who sat next to dulce looked from her to him, a small smile playing on her lips. without saying anything, she slid into the seat to her left, leaving a spot open directly next to dulce.

michael grinned. "thank you." and he sat down next to the brunette who had stolen his heart.

there was a silence between the two teenagers. 

until finally, michael spoke. "i don't know you yet...and i already missed you when you were gone."

her face blushed shyly. she admitted, "every thursday, i avoid the direct route to my destination and take this train just to see you."

grabbing the red covered book, he slipped it into her hands. "you forgot your book last week."

she smiled warmly, her eyes avoiding his due to her growing nervousness. she handed the book back to him. "i left it for you on purpose."

michael nodded, handing her the new book. "then please accept this new one i bought for you."

reading the title, she gasped. "i love pablo neruda's poems. thank you." this time, her eyes met his and he saw the genuine happiness on her face. seeing her so happy made him feel happy inside. her smile was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen.

they spent the rest of the train ride talking.

it was the seventh thursday.

-

THEY FINALLY ACTUALLY TALKED TO EACH OTHER.

I KNOW THEY ARE MOVING PRETTY SLOWLY, BUT I'VE DONE IT ON PURPOSE. 

OH, AND DID YOU NOTICE I PLANTED THE POSSIBILITY OF A SPIN OFF? ;) ONE OF THE OTHER BOYS TOLD MICHAEL HE WOULD GO SOMEWHERE ON TUESDAYS TO FIND A GIRL.

WHICH BOY WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE IN THE NEXT BOOK, IF YOU WOULD READ ANOTHER BOOK LIKE THIS?

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT.

I LOVE YOU.

-CLARY xx