Chapter One|| A little tequila never hurt nobody

{Octavia's POV}

I groaned, feeling that annoying tug my heart gave in my chest again. Being cheated on sucks.

"You'll get over it girly," Lesley encouraged, her lips tugging up into a sympathetic and slightly sad smile.

I only stared up at her with a deadpanned glare and this itchy feeling at the back of my throat as I grumbled out, "I'm laying in a bathtub eating chocolate, I feel as if I'll never get over this."

"Why are you in the bathtub again?" She asked a beat later, her arms crossing over her chest in confusion.

I bit the inside of my cheek sheepishly, trying almost painfully hard to rack my brain for the right words to say to her that conveyed how I somehow ended up torturing myself in the confines of a measly bathtub. Puffing out a sigh and shrugging, I leveled Leslie with the best nonchalant stare I could muster and decided on going the straight route. "I was taking off my jewelry and saw the earrings Josh bought me. They reminded me of him and it made me want to cry and drown my sorrows in a bowl of Ben and Jerry's, so I ended up grabbing a blanket and pillow and sleeping in the tub," and for maybe a bit of dramatics, I shoved a spoonful of ice cream into my mouth.

"Sorry." She mumbled, covering her mouth to shield her obvious snicker. I rolled my eyes, pulling the blanket tighter around me in embarrassment.

Then, like a flipped switch, Leslie threw her arms up and smiled wider than the Grand Canyon. Her face lit up and her mouth started moving so fast, I barely had time to process what she was screaming about. "Today is your birthday! You're turning twenty-one! This is huge! You need to forget about Josh."

I sighed for what felt like the billionth time that day, numbly mumbling, "It's not that easy."

"I know you loved him, but you can do so much better. No guy would cheat on you if he was truly devoted to you." I avoided eye content after hearing her very true words. She was right. Of course, she was right.

"I know. It's just hard, okay, Leslie? I shifted at a young age and never found my mate. I just thought that maybe he was the one, that I shouldn't have even continued to look for a mate when he was supposed to take me as his. I just thought... " I trailed off, feeling the stinging of tears at the corners of my eyes. She nodded and stood up from the chair she brought in here.

"You are a strong she-wolf who doesn't let people bring you down. Get your ass up. We are going out for your birthday, and you aren't going to say no!" I whined once more, sinking further into my blankets, the ice cream I was eating cradled close to my chest protectively. She unabashedly walked over and snatched the soft comforters off of me and yanked my bowl out of my hands.

"Up," she ordered. Reluctantly—and many eye rolls later— I got up, following her into my room as she pulled out her phone.

"I just texted the girls. All of us are going out tonight, so get ready or I will force you, and it won't be pretty if I have to get my hands on you."

"Okay, okay!" She will be the death of me.

Soon enough all of the girls were at my house and practically attacking me.

"This is ridiculous," I said, my lips pursed to keep me from laughing as I stood in the center of my kitchen. Allison, Rebecca, Liza, Morgan, and Leslie all circled around me right as they were all in the same room, each girl sporting a more cynical smile than the first.

"I am not wearing a tiara!" I scolded.

"You look cute." Allison grinned, her dainty fingers coming up to fix the bejeweled crown that currently sat atop my head.