1. Disease

Again. Why ? You knew that your captain was weird but still..Why was he staring at you, again ? You've already noticed his strange behavior for moment now. It started a month ago, at the beginning he was staring at you, then he started avoiding your gaze when you were speaking and finally he totally ignored you.

- Luffy do you need my help or something ? If that the case just say so but stop staring at me !

His eyes widened for a second and then he just turned around and ignored you before rushing to Chopper's office. What was wrong with him ? His behavior was really pissing you off and making you feel worried. What if he didn't want you anymore ? Did you do something wrong ? Maybe it was just a new strange game with Chopper and Usopp, but still it was really annoying. Suddenly, Chopper's voice broke your thoughts :

- HELP ! I think Luffy is sick !
- Don't worry Chopper, an idiot can't catch a cold,
Sanji said
- No, it's not a cold it's something else ! A-and I don't know what it is ! He may die ! I'm not a good doctor, what I am supposed to do ? What if he died because of me ?! What should I d-

BANG. Nami hit Chopper before he could continue in his madness.

- Just calm down Chopper. Does he have a fever or something ?
- No, it's his heart ! I don't know what to do !
- Is it all ?
- No, he has a problem in his stomach, and he said that sometimes he feels really hot ! I don't know what kind of disease can do that !
- Do you know when he started having these symptoms ?
- ...About a month ago, I think...Wait ! That's too long, what if it is already too late to cure him ? What are we going to do ?!
Chopper started panicking again.
- Maybe he'll just died silently in his sleep, stated Robin.
- That's so wrong, Robin ! How can you say that ?! Sometimes you should keep what you think for yourself, Usopp intervened.
- Wait...A month ago ? That can explain why he was acting so weird all this time, you said.
- Weird ? What do you mean ? Well, apart from his usual weirdness I didn't notice anything, Nami replied.
- Uh ?! But he would suddenly start staring at me for no reason, and he avoided my gaze while I was speaking to him and recently he ignores me whenever he sees me ! That's not his usual self !

Nami and Robin looked at each other with a smirk on their face, and their eyes were saying "I know that you know that I know what's going on" while the other members (yourself include) were just like "What's going on?!".

- Ohhh I see ~ So he can have that too ! Nami giggled accompanied with Robin
- Nami ! You know what is wrong with Luffy ?! Can you save him ??
- Yeah, don't worry Chopper, we have the cure with us.
- REALLY ?! What is it ?! Where is it ?!
- Over there,
she said while pointing at you.

Before you could even say a word you were drag by Nami -grinning like a mad men – and Chopper to his office where Luffy was suppose to be resting. Nami left you behind the door and entered with Chopper, she said that she had something to say to Luffy before you "could do your job". You could easily hear them, though.

- Luffy~
- Hi, Nami ! What are you doing here ? Do you feel sick too ?
- Not at all ! Actually, I've never feel so good in a while ~
- You sure ? Because your voice seems strange, maybe you should ask Chopper to check your throat !
- Luffy ! She knows what is wrong with you ! I'm sorry I wasn't useful, but I'll study more and I promise I'll never let you down ever again !
- Don't worry Chopper you're already an awesome doctor !
- Heheeeeheeee, like I'm pleased to hear that, heeheheehee ~
- Say, Luffy, before I cure you, can I ask you some questions ?
- Sure !
- Does it hurt somewhere sometimes ?

Luffy tilted his head on the side to think about it then his eyes suddenly widened.

- Yeah it does sometimes ! It's like someone is punching my stomach and I feel really angry for no reason, is it normal ?!
- Ohh, it's totally normal ~ Does it happen when _______ is speaking with a boy of the crew ?
- ...Yeah...And it's really pissing me off,
Luffy sulked.
- Do you feel one of the symptoms that you talked about with Chopper ? Do you feel hot, does you heart or your stomach hurt right now ?
- No...It just happen...sometimes,
Luffy declared looking embarrassed.

For only answer Nami grinned at him, she was seriously enjoying herself. She asked Chopper to leave her with Luffy and she (finally) dragged you inside the room.

- Luffy ! I bring _____ with me ! She was worried about you know, Nami said while staring at Luffy.

Luffy saw you and instead of greeting you like he did to Nami, he just avoided your eyes and stared at the wall next to him while playing with his hands. You noticed Nami giggling silently next to you.

- Luffy ~ Aren't you going to greet ____ ?! Nami asked deceitfully shock.
- H-hi. He stuttered.
- Hi Luffy ! Are you feeling ok now ? Everybody is worried about you, you know. You tried to start a conversation, but he didn't respond and Nami was still giggling to whatever she was finding funny.
- And now do you feel weird ?
- Yeah ! I don't feel like myself, whenever ___ is here !
He said with an unexpected blush on his face.
- What do you mean ? Did I do something wrong ? You asked
- I don't know ! I don't know what is going on ! I've never felt like this before ! It's so weird, I have the sensation of having tons of butterflies in my stomach whenever you speak to me or you look at me, and my heart races like crazy just like when I find a new beetle ! I hate it and love it at the same time, I don't understand ! Am I going to die ? He said finally facing you.

You finally understand what was wrong with Luffy, he wasn't sick, he was in love...with you. It was the happiest day of your live, your crush also had a crush on you ! But you didn't know how to respond him. How can you tell someone that doesn't even know what love is that he is in love with you ?! You suddenly noticed that he was still staring at you and felt embarrassed as you felt yourself blushing. And before you could say something you saw that Luffy was turning redder as well. You decided that it was your turn to say something :

- Luffy, y-you know I feel the same way... You bravely confessed.

Once again his eyes widened.

- ____ are you sick too ?! He said worried.
- Don't worry Luffy, you're not sick you're just in love. It's not dangerous, Nami said.
- We're not sick ? GREAT !!! Thanks Nami ! He said back to his idiot self before rushing outside.

You stayed here with Nami, still not very sure if he really got that you both confessed to each other, as you heard him yelling on the deck :

- GUYS ! I'M NOT SICK I'M IN LOVE ! oh.. ! AND ____ IS IN LOVE TOO !!

You stayed dumbfounded as Nami patted your back to encourage you with your probably future captain boyfriend that didn't even know what just happened.