Epilogue: The End of the Beginning

October 2nd, 2012
8:43 PM
Alana POV

"I still can't believe that Ashanti is performing with Justin Bieber. Justin freaking Bieber!!" Lovelyn exclaimed.

"I still can't believe you like this chump," Prince said rolling his eyes.

"He's not a chump, you're just a hater," Lovelyn said rolling her eyes. I smirked as the two best friends argued with each other. They are so in love.

"Well," Paris said making them stop. "I can believe it. I mean she is a Thompson-Jackson breed," She said before winking at me.

"What does that matter? Jelani is too but he doesn't have any talent," Amir said making us all laugh.

"Mann yall been clowning me for years. I'm tired of this. Clown Major!!" Jelani whined.

"Aww Jelani you know it's all out of love," Linda said hugging him.

"Thanks auntie Linda."

"You too old be a crybaby," Felicia said, making us laugh again.

It's been a year since the trial ended, and three since Michael passed. It still hurts, but me and my family take it day by day. That's what Michael would want anyways.

Prince and the triplets started high school last year, while Paris started this year. Blanket & Neveah are now in 5th grade. Angel graduated college last year, and she's currently in law school. Sadly, she couldn't come back to LA to support since she transferred back to Columbia for law school, but she definitely promised she would be at the New York show to support her baby sister. She was excited. Hell we all excited!!

Ashanti was following in Michael & I's footsteps to be a performer. She didn't wanted to sing, she was more of the dancing type. So of course when Justin Bieber said he was having female dancers on this tour, she made sure she auditioned. Justin tried that 18 or older shit, but who the hell gon turn down Michael Jackson's daughter? Especially if she can dance her ass off. So at 15 years old, my daughter was going on a world tour with somebody who almost is as famous as her father. I couldn't be prouder. 

But she definitely wasn't getting out of high school. Tutor on tour for that ass, ha!

The rest of my kids decided to wait after they graduated high school to do anything. I mean whatever they do, i'll support them.

We heard a knock on the door. "5 minutes till showtime!!" We heard Ashanti squeal before coming out of the bathroom in her outfit.

"Look at you!!" Janet said running up & hugging her niece. "Oh my god you look so cute!!"

"Tete," Ashanti groaned. Janet let go and we all walked up talking to her about how proud we were of her. She smiled & blushed.

"Okay, okay," She said quieting us down. "I wanna pray with yall before I go pray with them. Everybody grab hands and bow yall heads." We did as told. "Father God, I wanna thank you for all that you've done for me. I..." I looked up and looked around at my family, smiling. I was so happy and grateful for them all. I just wished Michael could be here with us. I know he's here in spirit though. I saw Mama Kat smile at me and I smiled back. "Lastly I just wanna say I hope my daddy is up there with you watching down on us. Daddy I love you & I miss you & I hope you're proud of me. Amen."

"Amen," We all said, except Randy extra ass.

"Amen, hallelujah, thank you Jesus! Woo!!" He started church stomping & Latoya punched his ass.

"Stop fool." We laughed as Ashanti headed out the door.

"Bye guys!! I'll see you after the show!! I love yall."

"We love you too!!" We yelled out as she closed the door.

"I think we should head to our seats now," Daddy said.

"Well vamonos then!!" Jelani said as he headed out.

"Shaking my head. Dora taught him," Amiya said & we laughed as we walked out. I felt my phone vibrating in my purse & I took it out seeing it was a blocked number. I just rolled my eyes & pressed ignore. Don't be calling me fucking blocked. I put it back in my purse & like a minute later, it vibrated again. I pulled it out & it was a voicemail from the blocked number. I'll check it later, my baby is about to perform.

1:29 am

Ashanti did amazing!! And i'm not saying that just because i'm her parent. I mean that genuinely. That girl worked her ass off, just like her father used to. I'm so proud of her.

I climbed into my bed after finally getting home & sighed. I'm going to sleep so good tonight. I grabbed my phone off the night stand and looked to see if I had any messages. Only thing I had was that voicemail from earlier. It must've been important, because nobody really leaves voice mails any more unless it's important. I pressed on it & it was quiet for a minute. I was about to hang up until I heard a sigh before he started singing.

When someone in the dark reaches out for you
And touches off a spark that comes shining through
It tells you never be afraid
Then somewhere in your heart you can feel the glow
A light to keep you warm when the night winds blow
Look for the rainbow in the sky
I believe you and I
Could never really say goodbye
Wherever you may be
I'll look up and see
Someone in the dark for me
Wherever you may be
I'll look up and see
Someone in the dark for me...

The voicemail ended as I brung the phone down from my ear, shaking. That voice was an all too familiar voice. A voice that I hadn't heard in 3 years.

That voice was Michael's.

"If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with." -Michael Jackson

The End

Now that was the official end of LLF. I finally finished yall! Be proud of me.

One book down & two more to go lol.

But awww im sad it's over. I've been writing about  Alana & Michael for the longest. They definitely have a special place in my heart. However, they ain't really going nowhere. They just aren't the main focus anymore. Well for now. Now, it's time to move on to Prince & Lovelyn's story. Yall ready?

Are you sad that it's the end of the beginning? What was your favorite part? Ask me any questions, tell me anything!

Oh and one more thing before i end this long ass author note (sorry). I wanna say thank you to everybody who has read this story & stuck with me through my multiple writer's blocks. I really do appreciate & love yall. Thank you so much.

-Nichelle