Chapter Thirty Seven - Epilogue

Epilogue! And I've done something a little different here guys....

Storming into her space, Alex snatches the laptop from Danica's reach and walks quickly away with it.

"Hey! What are you doing? I was working on something." Danica calls out, standing up from the couch as Alex wanders over to the front window with the laptop.

"Working on your next target? Is that what I'm looking at here?" He asks, his tone having gained some edge as he shakes the laptop in his hands.

"Perhaps." She retorts, not meeting his line of sight.

That word alone breaks the hold. The barriers shatter instantly. Alex snaps the laptop in half, separating the screen from the keyboard before throwing the pieces across the room and into the kitchen with two loud thud's. Danica watches it fly with shock, eyes wide, before turning her stare to Alex, now though she shows only fury.

"What the fuck are you doing?!" Danica screeches shrilly.

"I'm stopping your ridiculous tirade in its tracks. You're way out of hand. You need to get your shit together before you fuck everything up."

She laughs, cold and cockily. "I think you've got this thing all wrong. You're missing the bigger picture. I know what I'm doing and I'm not going to mess anything up. Fuck. What are you not getting?" She shakes her head, as though it's all a joke.

Alex watches her, and for a few moments he says nothing, knowing he has to tread carefully with her. When he speaks, the tension in the room has only increased, both Alex and Danica in a state of frazzled energy, both having reached a dangerous level of frustration as they stared silently at one another.

"No, I don't think you're getting it. You are the problem." He states, voice now much lower.

Danica squints at him, Alex watches on as she digs her nails into her palms, her lips twitch and press into each other angrily, "I'm the problem?" She asks through gritted teeth.

Alex nods once.

Which is all that it takes to really set her off and then Danica is running at him at full speed, closing the gap as she lunges at the last second and latches onto his shoulders in a cat like gesture, wrapping her legs around his waist, locking him in her hold. Alex takes a few quick steps backwards, turning one eighty degrees and pushes her back forcefully into the first wall he finds. She grunts in pain, releasing her fingers from his shoulders and loosens her legs from his waist.
Alex pries her off his body, shoving her across the room and away from him.
Danica stumbles awkwardly backwards from the shove, then, glancing around, she grabs the closest object within reach, that being a decorative wooden elephant and lobs it at Alex's head, he ducks out of the way as it flies over his head and hits the wall behind him.

As he is momentarily distracted, Danica charges at him, throwing her weight into a shoulder barreling movement, Alex catches her with one arm by the waist at the last second and drops her to the floor with a swift kick to the back of her legs. Then, as Danica sits up, Alex drags her by the ankle towards him. She grabs the closest furniture, that being the coffee table and tries to use it as a lever to release herself from his grip, Alex does, trying to go easy on her, as he knew that in her rage she wasn't thinking clearly about her actions.

Danica shuffles along the floor on her knees and over to the television at the front of the room, using the wall nearest to her as a support to pull herself back to her feet. Pure fury shows upon her features, she breathes hard, her dark hair a knotted mess, emerald eyes blaze wildly with unrestrained anger as she holds herself back for a mere moment.