♥Chapter 24♥

Rapunzel's POV

What did he just say? He...he likes me? More than...a friend?

"What do you mean by that Jack? I...I don't understand," I asked again. I felt like I didn't just hear that, but I did.

"I think it's time that I finally say it to you. It's tough. Look, I had a crush on you for the moment I first saw you, and it grew even more because we started to become friends. I started to like you even more, you're beautiful, you're smart and funny. And I know in my heart that...I started to see you more than as a friend. I started to fall for you, I fell in love with you Punzie. I know, it's okay if you don't like me, because you have Flynn. And...he is in every right reason to be worried and mad about me and you, because he is right, he felt that I started to fall in love with you. I am so sorry...I really really want to say this to you. I am here because I am thinking about how am I going to face you, and to just get away for a while, I hope you understand me," Jack explained.

I was speechless, he gave me a sad smile then he walked away. A tear started to fall from my eye. I don't actually know how to feel about this. I am just so shocked that he actually told me that he fell in love with me. 

"Punzie!" Hiccup called. 

"What happened? Is he coming with us?" Merida asked.

"I...I don't know. Guys...do you know that Jack has feelings for me?" I said.

Merida and Hiccup looked at each other. They both nodded at me. I started to cry.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I cried.

"Jack told us not to tell you, he is afraid that you might not look at him the same way as you were friends. I hope you understand us. Why? Did he tell you about...his feelings?" Hiccup asked. 

"Yea...but I...I don't know what to say or what to feel. I am so confused right now. I don't know what to do guys, I feel like I want to talk to him but I can't," I cried. 

Merida and Hiccup hugged me. "Let's just stay here for the weekend okay? We need to relax," Merida said.

"But what about our parents?" Hiccup asked.

"Don't worry, I'll call them later. I'll also call Flynn," Merida answered. 

I just can't stop crying, I feel weak and my heart is starting to hurt.

Jack's POV 

I went to the bench near the beach, where I can see the sunset. I feel sad, and relief at the same time. I hope that Punzie and I would still be friends, but I don't want to expect much. 

"Hey," I looked behind me and saw Merida.

"What are you still doing here?" I asked.

"I've decided that Punzie, Hiccup and I will stay here for a weekend," Merida said. 

"Can't you guys see that I am here because I want to be alone?" I said.

"I think this time...ya need us to be with ya right now even just for a weekend. It's okay if ya don't come with us if we go home. But I want ya to think things through Jack. Ya can't escape problems by just going to other places, you sometimes have to face it," Merida said.

I feel like she has a point. I know that she understands me but at the same time she wants me to understand things. 

"Can I sit with ya?" Merida asked. I scoot over the right side of the bench and nodded. Merida sat and sighs.

"I know it's tough for ya to tell her about yar feelings, but it was a right thing. I just don't know if it's right to Punzie," Merida said.

"What did she say?" I asked.

"She is actually a little mixed up now, she really don't know what to feel. That's why we want her to stay here for a while, ya know her when she is stressed," Merida answered. 

"I'm sorry...this isn't a great time," I said.

"When it comes to love, I know ya don't pick the perfect times. I know ya Jack, ya do what's right. I think she knows now why ya decided to get away from her because of Flynn," Merida said.

"Yea, it's pretty stupid. Thanks, because you and Hiccup are here for me. I know I am not the one you should comfort, but you still did," I smiled at her. Merida is tough and cool sometimes, but she is very caring to people, I think especially to me, Hiccup, and Punzie. She is even ready to beat up people who would tease and bully us in school.

"Of course lad. I'm yar friend. Look, no matter what happens between you and Punzie, remember...she's still your friend and don't let that confession change what she thinks about ya," Merida said. I nodded at her.

"I know it's awkward but...can I get a hug?" I asked. Merida rolled her eyes and smirked. 

"Let's just...get it done," Merida said and hugged me. She let go of the hug because of the awkwardness.

Rapunzel's POV

"Hello Flynn?" I called.

"Hey, Merida told me that you'll be staying there for a weekend. Do you want me to come over?" Flynn asked. 

"No, I'm fine. I need time alone too," I said.

"It's everything okay?" he asked.

"Well, I'll just tell you when I get back okay? I'll call you tomorrow. I need to rest right now," I said. 

"Okay, bye. I love you," Flynn said.

"I...I love you too," I cried. 

I laid down in my bed. I rented a hut for me, Merida, and Hiccup to sleep in. I can't hardly take a nap. I just can't get it out of my head, about what he said to me. I hope that I'm only dreaming but I'm clearly not. Jack, why do you have to feel this way about me? I don't know what to say Jack. I hope that I can face you Jack.