Chapter 5

Mallory's POV

I walked up to the pool at exactly 6 and saw him sitting on the edge. I headed over to him and sat down.

"I was starting to think that you might not show up." He said as I plopped my feet into the pool.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world." I said and smiled. After a game of 20 questions, (or maybe it was 50, but who's counting?) he reached over and grabbed my hand.

"Mallory, you're the most beautiful girl I've ever met. Will you be my girlfriend?" He said, staring into my eyes like they would give him the answer faster than my mouth would. My stomach flipped and for a second I felt like my heart might explode, but finally I calmed down enough to answer.

"Yes, I will." I answered softly, making brief eye contact with him and suddenly realizing how stunning his eyes were. He stared back at me and smiled.

"Thank you." He responded and hugged me. I grabbed my phone and glanced at the clock. 7:30. Oh crap I was supposed to be back at the room by now.

"I gotta go. Sorry." I said. I quickly stood up and gathered my stuff.

"Let me walk you to your room." He said, standing up. "What's your room number?"

"724. If it's out of your way you don't have to." He smiled suddenly.

"That's right next door to mine. I'm in 723." He replied and laced his fingers in mine as we walked to the elevator. Wow, this is actually happening.