Chapter 6

Josh's POV

Wow. She said yes. Maybe this trip won't suck after all. I thought as I walked her to her room, our fingers intertwined. I admit that I was getting pretty upset as we got closer to the door, meaning that soon I would have to tell her goodnight and let go of her hand.

"Well, this is my room." My thoughts were interrupted by Mallory's voice. This is it. I thought. The moment that could change everything. Suddenly, I felt like jello. I knew if I didn't make a move quick that she would just leave.

"Goodnight." I said. I leaned in and kissed her cheek right before she went inside. She smiled at me, unlocked her door and walked into her room. Moments later, just as I was about to go into my room, she ran out with a slip of paper.

"Here's my number. Text me." She said quietly and then walked back into her room and closed the door, leaving me outside, thinking about her beautiful smile. I walked into my room slowly with the paper folded neatly in my pocket. Kevin was still up playing video games (as usual) so I just sat down on the bed and pulled out my phone to save the number so I could text her in the morning.

"How was your date?" Kevin asked. It took me a second to even realize that he was talking to me.

"It was great." I answered and then told him mostly everything from 20 questions to the kiss at her door. Afterwards he just smiled at me, almost like he was proud of me.

"You might need to get some sleep then, buddy. Sounds like you had quite a tiring day." As he said it I suddenly realized how tired I really was and drifted to sleep with the sounds if video game gunshots filling the air.