10. mystic light

Blue emblems of mystic magic spun across the entirety of the murky water. He lifted his right hand and casted a spell against the kelp demons that swarmed the lake.

In a swift flick of his palm, the darklings dissipated like they never even existed.

He turned his back from the ashened demons and lit a fire to illuminate his way. The moon was reigning high on the sky; fog infested any open space that Gord could throw his gaze on yet his eyes were sharp; beyond crystalline clear.

He maneuvered his way out of the lake and went on his way. He had a dream yesterday. A woman in red, soaked in blood, summoned his name and asked for his assistance.

He, unsure yet curious, followed his intuition and listened to his slumber fantasies. He never saw the woman before. She named herself Alice and she, like Gord, was a powerful mage feared by men and all its sorts.

He saw from his dream that the red woman was living with a spear man named Moskov; a man of violet shade, with shaggy hair and with a giant spear; so finesse, so sharp, the mere sight of it scared Gord to bits.

But he was determined to be allies with them. He haven't heard of this bunch but he knew they werw as powerful as him.

He wafted through thick, leering trees and stung critters along the way. His blazing head that exhumed a blue flame intensified the fire that he is holding on top of his palm.

His eyes were blue-green; pupils not present. His love for mystic magic ate him and turned him into someone he never thought but never regretted of becoming.

Before his dream, his life seemed flailing, fleeting and meaningless. He relied on his powers to get him through the day and all his former companions feared him. And because of that, he lived his life alone and isolated from everyone he knew.

As he was passing by a crater, he saw a zap of lightning above him. He was lucky enough to dodge it; though he would be unfazed, he was rather comfortable on being a bit cautious.

From a distance, he can see purple rays of light reflected by the leaves and bushes that surrounded the proximity and within slight contact, such leaves were turned to ashes; burned.

He inched his way closer; his mystic hovering board gliding to his area of interest.

His eyes oogled; his heartbeat quickened, his body turned rigid.

In front of him was a woman floating on mid-air; releasing bolts of lightning straight out from its palms. Everything around her crumbled; bereft of vitality.

Her face was majestic, almost glassy. Her lips of purple hue and her body was likewise. Her hair went up to her waist and she looked ever so menacing yet beautiful.

Gord reveled at the sight of her.

"In what way, have I allowed you to spy at me, mage?" She suddenly uttered, her voice cold yet soft, chilling him up to his mystic bones.

He was rendered speechless. He backed away from the tree that he was hiding from and went back to his path like nothing has happened.

A bolt of lightning threw him off from his hovering board. He got himself up and went to face the woman who almost fried him.

"I was just passing by." He responded, sounding a little too confident, almost casual.

She gave out a smile, the kind that would send humans fleeing, fearing for their lives.

"I see. Hmmm, Gord. The mystic mage. Powerful, potent yet lonely beyond comprehension." She said, reading him instantaneously.

He was left astonished. How could she know that much about him?

"What brings you here?" He asked, rerouting the topic.

"Nothing that may interest you. You, all set to serve the succubus? You are going to regret it." She retorted calmly, ever so subtly.

Again, he marveled at her abilities. What more does she hide? What is she?

"I suppose you should stop reading my mind." He shot at her, trying his best to sound brave.

"Why should I? Just by the sight of you gives me visions. Can't fight off my nature, mage." She replied, a hint of amusement audible from her voice.

"What are you?" He asked, curious and itching for information.

"Just like you. A mage. A manifestation of magic but a hella lot stronger." She responded, laughing at the end of her words.

He shook his head and took a deep breath. Why was he even having this conversation with such a self-induced sorceress?

"I'll go with you. You can't handle her all by yourself especially with that quiescence marksman trailing behind her. I will help you destroy the succubus because from what I can see, she does not need you. She needs your powers. She will suck it out of you until all you have left is your hollow, lonely self." She but again giggled, sounding playful yet all the more authoritative.

He kind of believed her. He had an interest of joining Alice but he had a feeling that she was powerful, too powerful. He gets it now. The red woman needed his assistance, his powers and not him.

He read about succubuses. The most horrible kind of demon one can ever encounter. They are putridly dark that just by the sight of them can suck out any mortal's life. Why did he even allow himself to be fooled? He smacked his head mentally.

"Why do you want to go with me? I do not even know your name." He stated, obviously playing with her.

"Eudora, the lightning sorceress. The greatest mage of her time." She responded, mustering a wink at him.

He fell right then and there.

"Come. Let's make mage history hella awesome." She added, linking her arm to his as she dragged him towards their destination.