CHAPTER EIGHT: Caught in a Lie

Ah Yeon's P.O.V

Two weeks went by since the last time I saw Jungkook. "Where is your hubby? He's been missing for two weeks now." Hyejin asked. "I don't know and I don't want to know."
I said. "Did something happen?" she asked worriedly, "Did you break up?"
"We were never together in the first place." I sighed. "I don't know what happens but cheer up. Its going to be alright." she said cheerfully.

"Yah, where is Jungkook?" two girls approached me. "I don't know and even if I knew I wouldn't tell you."
I said annoyingly. "So he dumped you?" Si Yeon asked mockingly.
"See, I told you, he doesn't deserve you." Si Yeon made fun of me but I didn't care.
Suddenly it got quite and I looked at the door.
Jungkook walked in the classroom and sat down on his seat behind me. "Jungkook Oppa~~ Where were you?
I missed you sooo much I could've die." Si Yeon said and went to Jungkook.

"I think I'm gonna vomit." Hyejin said. I just ignored what was behind me. "Hey, something is wrong with Jungkook." Hyejin said. "What do you mean?" I asked. "Turn around." she said.
Slowly I turned around and saw his face. He has got many cuts on his face and a bandage around his hand. Suddenly our eyes met...he looked at me, we shared a short gaze.
Quickly I turned around. "Just what happened between you guys? There is a strange tension between the two of you." Hyejin said.
"Sorry Hyejin-ah. I can't tell you because I don't even know myself."
I said and rested my head on the table. "It's okay. I just hope you guys reconcile again. I can clearly see that you guys like each other but for some reason you can't be together, right?" Hyejin said. "As expect if my best friend, you understand me." I smiled. "Why don't you try talking to each other?" she asked.
"We already did. I told him my feelings and insecurities and he understood me." I said. "And you guys can't be together?" she asked.
I nodded slowly. "Can you really tell me what happened? You don't have to go into detail." she begged.
I sat up again. "Well I don't really know, but let's just say he's always lying at me and won't tell me the truth." I said. "Ah..and you hate liars." she said. "But you guys like each other, isn't this a reason enough to be together? I mean all you need in a relationship is trust and sincerity." she said.

"I know, I really want to be together with him and stay by his side, but...I..I just feel that it's not gonna work between us." I confessed.
"Look, Ah Yeon. A relationship doesn't need to work out or it doesn't need to last long. It's okay to break up. There is no perfect relationship in this works. You don't know what's gonna happen unless you try." she said.
I didn't say anything, I just listened. "Ah Yeon, I can see that you are heartbroken and I know it's because of Jungkook. Just give it a try and trust him." Hyejin said and patted my head.

Jungkook's P.O.V

Even tho Kang Si Yeon and Kang Ji Hyo keep blabbering around, I could still hear Ah Yeon's conversation with her friend.
Without any thoughts I stood up and grabbed Ah Yeon's hand. I pulled her with me and we went to the rooftop.
I turned around and hugged her.
We stood in this position for a few minutes.
"Uhm...Jungkook?" she asked.
"Yeon-ah, I want to tell you something. There is a reason why I can't tell you my secret...I took an oath and if I tell you I might never see you again and I'm afraid you will leave me."
I said and let her go. Now we were standing across each other.

Ah Yeon's P.O.V

"I also have to tell you something." she said. "I know you are not but I'm still insecure. To be honest I followed you after I left on our last date. I saw you entering a helicopter and on the helicopter was the emblem of the government. I got curious and in the last two weeks where you were absent, I researched a bit and opened your locker." I said. "So you saw it?" he asked. I nodded.