chapter 34

Bonjour! OMG! I thought i wouldn't finish writing today but thankfully i had enough time. It's a busy week for me but i made it :)

This is an emotional chapter. Enjoy!

______♥♥♥_____  

  "M-My father is already d-dead, Enrique. I know you're hurting but please, d-don't push me away"- Blake 

BLAKE's POV

I couldn't hold it anymore. I have this feeling that he's mad not because I came home late and saw Jake, but because of another reason.

"Why? Did I do something you don't like? Are you mad at me? Do you resent me too because my father killed Jasmin?" There, I finally voiced out what's been bugging me. His eyes widened and I saw a rush of different emotions in his eyes before it turned emotionless and cold.

"I don't know what you're talking about right now" He said and picked up his briefcase. He was about to turn his back on me when I spoke.

"What's happening to you, Enrique? Why don't you say anything to me? I want to know what's on your mind"

"What do you want me to say? I don't have anything to say and don't change the topic! You know damn well that I hate that guy but you keep on entertaining him everytime you see him!" He said sharply. I clenched my fists and took a deep breath in order to stop myself from getting stressed out and become emotional.

"You know very well that there's nothing going on between me and Jake. He's just a friend. What do you want me to do? Ignore him everytime I see him? Isn't that a little childish? You're being unreasonable!" I couldn't help but to spat at him.

"You're my wife Blake and I don't want other men hugging you like that! You know very well how possessive I am but you still do it" He said through gritted teeth. I squeezed my eyes shut for good 3 seconds before I met his gaze bravely.

"Okay. If that's what you want, I'll do it. I'll avoid him. For you, I'll do it, but please, can you answer my question a while ago because it's been bothering me since the day we discovered the truth. You've been cold and brooding. You never acted differently and I don't know if you ever noticed but you're hurting me, Enrique" I confessed. He looked stunned for a second before his eyes turned emotionless again. My heart pained when I saw how cold his eyes were as he stared at me.

Since that day, the love I saw everytime in his eyes disappeared and it was replaced with emotions that I couldn't identify and now it's making me scared.

"You don't know what you're talking about" his voice was distant. I felt my eyes brimmed with tears but I tried to blink them back. As much possible, crying was the last thing I wanted right now.

"Really? I don't know what I'm talking about? Look at me straight in the eyes and tell me that I don't know what I'm' talking about!" I demanded on the verge of bursting into tears.

But when his eyes met my mine, I gasped when I saw the obvious hatred.

"You want to know the truth? Fine, I'll tell you! I hate your father! I hate my mom! I hate everybody and most of all, I hate myself because I've been the loving the daughter of the criminal who killed my sister! I hate the fact that I didn't even noticed that my mom was having an affair, deceiving us! She deceived us because of your father!" I couldn't take it anymore. 

The tears I've been holding fell freely from my eyes continuously. I've never thought that Enrique would say that to me. Although I've had an idea what's going through his mind these past few days, hearing it directly from him doubled the pain.