Chapter 17

The weekend in Baku would be one we will soon forget. For both the Red Bull's, the race sucked. Max came home in P8, Daniel P7. Just as I'm watching the cars drive over the line, the entire pitwall lets go of a deep and heavy sigh. 

"Well, that was something" Simon mumbles, giving a weak smile to me. I nod, pushing my headset off, placing it around my neck. Both Simon and I stand up, to walk away. 

"I guess it could've been worse, could've been like Monaco" Simon says, smiling slightly at me. I nod my head slowly, I definitely am happy that it didn't turn out like Monaco. At least both drivers finished and had some decent moments. That's all the positive we can take out of this weekend, though. 

I spot Max talking to James, wrapping his sleeves around his waist, putting on his cap. 

"Max! I'll wait for you in the small office, see you after your interviews" I tell him, making him nod slowly. He offers me a small smile, before he follows James to the media pen. I make my way over to the small office set up for the  engineers briefings. I grab all the data I want to check quickly before the meeting, just going over it. Nothing important is shown on it, just some tyre wear that was much higher than usually. Luckily, it wasn't just Max who had that problem, Daniel had it too. 

The door of the office opens and Max steps inside, smiling at me.

"Well, last thing before we can finally leave this place" Max mumbles, taking a seat across from me. 

"I'll keep it short" I say before I start working my way through my pointers I wanted to talk to him about. Like I told him, I keep it short and let him go to change and shower right after. Just when he left, my door opens again and Daniel walks in.

"Hey babe. Do you mind if we leave straight after showering and changing? I really want to go home" Daniel asks, sitting down in the chair Max just sat in. I nod my head, offering Daniel a smile.

"Sure thing. Do you want to go to my place or yours?" I ask him, looking down at the data for a second.

"I thought that we could go to Monaco, just have some relaxing time there" I look back up at him, seeing the beaming smile on his face. I nod my head, smiling at him.

"I don't have too many clothes with me, though" 

"We can go shopping in Monaco tomorrow or something. You can leave some stuff in my apartment in Monaco then, so we don't have to worry about that anymore" Daniel suggest. my heart flutters at the thought of having some of my stuff in his houses. 

"Sure, that sounds like a plan. Let me just finish up the data and we can leave the track" 

"I had Stuart getting our stuff from the hotel, so we can go straight to the airport. You can shower in my motorhome, if you'd like" I nod my head. Daniel gets a grin on his face.

"We can shower together, you know, saving some water" I giggle as Daniel wiggles his eyebrows at me. 

"Nice try, Ricciardo. Go take a shower, I'll come and find you in a minute" Daniel pouts, but gets up anyway. He leans over the desk and presses a soft kiss to my lips. He then leaves after giving me a rather wide smile. I can't help but smile to myself, I'd love some alone time with Daniel, relaxing in Monaco. 

I finish up my work and make my way to Daniel's motorhome. He is already chilling on his small couch, showered and fresh. He looks up as I close the door behind me. 

"Your stuff is in the corner. Our flight leaves in 3 hours, so take your time" I nod my head, smiling at Daniel. I want to grab my clothes, but then get another idea. I turn around and walk back to Daniel, placing myself in his lap. Daniel looks up at me with a grin and slightly widened eyes.