Chapter 2: Real Rachel

"Umm, Seth? I don't bite" she said. I couldn't move, Rachel, THE Rachel was giving me a ride home. "Seth? Are you okay?" she asked again this time waving her hand in front of my face. I snapped out of it and quickly shook my head "Yeah, fine" I silently muttered, walking to the other door.

I got in and buckled my seat just as she started the car, a Radiohead song started playing, "Creep" I think its called.

The first part of the ride was awkward, just me sitting and her mouthing the words and tapping the wheel to the rhythms. After the song ended another one came up, this time one song I know and like "Tainted Love" by Soft Cell.

"Now I know I've got to.." she sang in a soft voice.

I strated moving my head to the beat and dance to the rhythm. She noticed this and said smiling

"You're an 80s kid aren't you?"

"You could say that" I said smiling. And it was actually true, my mom still plays those old songs when she cleans the house and that defenetly grew on me.

"Well, in that case over there there's some CDs you'll probably like" She said pointing to the car on my side while still looking at the road and driving. I reached for the CD cases on the car floor, she had quite good music tastes, 80s jams, 50s jams, Green Day, Sad Ass Creep...wait...why is there a CD called that?

"What is this one?" I asked her showing the CD.

"Oh, um that's nothing" she stuttered, I immediately took out the CD that was playing which was conviniently named My Favorites and proceeded to instert SAC ( as I call it). I flipped the CD box to check the playlist

"Creep" by Radiohead

"Basket Case" by Green Day

"Boulevard of Broken Dreams" by Green Day

"All The Small Things" by Blink-182

"Don't Cry" by Guns N' Roses

and the list goes on....

"Rachel..what is this?" I asked shaking my head.

"Just a stupid CD I made in Freshman year" she said boringly. Oh, OH, now I get it, that's the year Mandy and Regina cam to our school that's when....the bullying started.

"I swear it's nothing Seth, you can leave it alone, I'm fine" she said taking out the CD, I stopped her putting my hand over hers, I notice it made her feel uneasy but I keep it there. The car had stopped, she turned her head up to me, I saw a plead in her eyes and instantly took my hand away. Then, an awkward pause

"Uh, we're here" Rachel said looking out the window.

Her house was really pretty, simple, homey and cozy. A warm color coated the walls outside and the yard was a bright green which looked to good to be true.

"This is your house?" I asked

"Yeah, it's not much but it's home" she answered, getting out of the car. She opened the back door and got her backpack out, her classic, same since middle school, studded black backpack.

"RACHEL YOU'RE HOME!!!!!" a high pitched voice said. I was utterly confused, what was a kid doing here? I knew she has a older sister which I never met.

"Hey Becky! What's up?" I heard Rachel said to whoever Becky was. I walked around the car and stood behind Rachel, a small little girl, maybe like 4 or 5 years old, standing looking at her like she was a superheroine.

"Well not much, are you babysitting us tonight?" she asked with a gigantic grin.

"Wait it was today?!"