Heroes of my storm - P. 1

Screams, panic, gunfire, and the sound of multiple robot movement could be heard in every direction. Buildings started to become consumed by fire with shattered windows and crumbling bricks. The once beautifully paved streets of King's Row had now been cracked and chipped as they tried to withstand the weight of the robots and the increased number of foot traffics from the citizens that once lived in peace. Those same citizens whose blood now stained the streets gunned down in a desperate attempt to escape the chaos could easily consider themselves the lucky ones for the ones who were still alive were now being taken hostage and rounded up like cattle waiting for the slaughter house. 

The front of a gun attached to a mindless robot pushed deeply into your back as you slowly walked forward to wherever it was making you go. Your eyes stayed directly forward refusing to look at the ground where death had been scattered about waiting patiently for its next victim. Even the children suffered the same fate as dolls and teddy bears could be seen ripped and still in the hands of their once loving owners. 

As the walk became even longer you couldn't help but find yourself praying that Overwatch group would invade King's Row and bring relief to the suffering citizens though on every news station it was reported that they were banned from intervening. It has been twenty-seven days since the uprising began and it was clear now that absolutely no help would be coming. 

Suddenly, you winced as the gun dug deeper into your back pressing harder just waiting for a bullet to pass through the metal tip and into your soft skin and flesh. Your hands shook violently as each passing moment could be your last. It was unclear what would set the robot off and make it decide you were no worth keeping alive. Surely, it could something as small as a change in your pace. 

The gun dug at an angle into your back signaling for you to make a turn down an alleyway that seemed to only have since little violence compared to that of everywhere else. Two buildings shielded the alley from the thick of the action as it seemed you were about to arrive to wherever the robot had been taking you. 

But just as you were about to take one more step forward a husky male voice appeared rather close from behind you.

"Whoa there." he said with cool tone seemingly unfazed by the danger all around. 

A sudden noise similar to that of a small firework had gone off behind you followed by the sound of a single bullet firing ringing through the alleyway. Your eyes squeezed shut waiting to feel the pain of a bullet through your body though that pain never came. Instead the gun digging into your back had disappeared as the sound of a fallen robot hitting the pavement appeared completely lifeless without a single twitch of it's body. 

Your eyes stayed shut waiting for whoever killed the robot to kill you next. There were no witnesses around or anyone who would have cared for that matter. Each person had a problem of their own so what was one more dead body to cover the street?

A gloved hand appeared tightly on your upper arm creating a small pain from the sudden tension. Slowly you opened your eyes listening as the sound of boots hitting the pavement walked from behind you to the front. 

"Let's go." he simply said with a lit cigar hanging from his mouth.

Before you had the chance to examine the man and take in his features, he began pulling you along with him rather quickly down the back alley holding a small gun in his free hand clearly ready for any robots that could appear before him. His larger body blocked most of your vision from the front though you were sure you didn't want to see any danger that could be coming your way. 

The sudden sound of gun shot made the man rapidly press against the hard wall of the near building removing his hand from your upper arm and quickly replacing it around your waist bringing you tightly to his side. From the quick movement, your shaking hands instinctively moved to his chest pressing against the man dressed all in black who now had his gun raised and ready. 

~~~To be continued~~~