Heroes of my storm - P.9

As the footsteps disappeared behind the wooden door you couldn't help but remain frozen in place trying to make sense of what was happening to you. Now your familiar clothes were gone maybe to never be seen again taking away the small amount of "familiar" that was still left with you. Suddenly, you felt exposed and open unsure of what was ahead or what your future even held. Would you ever be able to return home? Ever see a familiar face again? 

Slowly, your body moved without much work around the bathroom cleaning up after yourself and the water that had accumulated on the floor. Your skin tingled against the cool air wishing to return to the warm water though you knew it was better to get this over with now instead of later. 

Your heart raced as you began to put on the new clothes that you had been kindly given.  The moment of approaching both men once again had remained  front and center in your mind keeping you from forming any unrelated thought. One man had seen you completely naked as he pressed against your body with his own exposed skin while the other man seemed to be hard to read. Did he hate you or was he just shy?

Once the new clothes were properly on your body, you stood in front of the small mirror examining yourself one last time before making your way out of the safety of the small room and its privacy. 

Your hair seemed to be returning to normal and looked cleaner despite it still being wet from the previous shower. Your skin was clear of any dirt or dark shadows that had appeared from your long night wet in the cold air. Your eyes were more relaxed despite currently feeling anxious. But the most noticeable change had been the outfit that Genji had brought for you. It wasn't wet or dirty or torn or familiar. The leggings were tight hugging every curve they could while your tank-top flowed over your torso. A black jacket zipped up completed the outfit matching even better than anything that you had owned at home. The sight made you feel slightly better and a bit more confident knowing you wouldn't look like a drowned rat trying to communicate with humans.

Taking one last deep breath, you removed yourself from the mirror and exited the bathroom allowing the remaining steam to flow into the room thinning out until it was almost completely gone. 

You slipped on your dry shoes beside the door leading out into the hallway not wanting to walk bare foot on the dirty floor outside of the room. Your heart rate rapidly increased as your hand turned the door knob slowly listening as the door creaked open exposing the hallway that seemed empty at first glance. Taking a hesitant step you finally left the safety of the room and closed the door behind you only to come face to face with a familiar cowboy that almost made you jump out of your skin.

"Oh my god." you breathed out holding both hands over your heart. "You scared me."

His thumb moved up pushing the tip of his hat higher to expose his dark eyes as he leaned against the wall with a barely lit cigar hanging out of his mouth.

"I'm sorry, little lady." he smiled allowing a few strands of dark hair to move across his face. "I didn't mean to startle ya."

His eyes burned into your skull as you desperately tried to not think of his without any clothes on. Your eyes remained on his refusing to let them scan lower and further embarrass yourself as he would surely notice what you were doing. 

His head titled to the side moving the cigar to the other side of his mouth as silence remained present in the atmosphere. Your arms folded over your chest refusing to be the first person to speak as you were unsure of what to even say knowing you couldn't just walk away from him as you had no other place to go in this unfamiliar building. 

"I almost came back into check on ya." he started finally breaking the silence with his rough but extremely attractive voice. "I thought maybe you decided to drown yourself in the shower. You tried a couple times last night figured you were out to finish the job."

A small smile formed on your lips from his joke as he tried to create a more relaxing environment. 

"I think drowning would have been better than being murdered by a robot." you told him with a slight laugh in your voice though there was truth to your statement. 

"Well it looks like I'll have to keep my eye on you." he smirked as he moved away from the wall. "Walk with me."

He began to walk away as you quickly did what you were told. The sound of his boots hitting the floor filled the air as the conversation stopped. You stared into his back examining the width of his waist compared to his shoulders. The more you took in the shape of his body without his knowledge the more you could feel the blood starting to rush to your face as you tried to remove any building naughty thoughts from your mind. 

"Like what ya see?" he suddenly said causing your now wide eyes to snap from his back to the back of his head.

"H-huh?" you barely squeaked out feeling your heart ready for fly out of your chest from pure embarrassment. 

"No need to be embarrassed, Doll." he casually said taking a puff of his shrinking cigar. "I can tell your curious about me."

---To be continued---