Heroes of my storm - P.4

.Your body shook violently as the you crawled out of cold water and onto the hard ground. Your clothes clung tightly to your frame as you pushed your legs as hard as possible away from the water and toward the wooded area on the outside of the city. The echos of sirens and screams could still be heard though this time they were quite a bit of distance away leaving the places outside of the city somewhat safer. With each step your muscles burned from exhaustion feeling almost like weights had been tied to each limb in an attempt to completely stop your movements. 

Your throat ached with each rapid breath you took leaving you completely miserable and almost defeated. However, your mind drifted with each heavy step back to the two men who had put their lives on the line to make sure you made it out of the city safely. Remembering them seemed to give you strength to continue forward out of danger even though you had no idea where to go from here. Your entire life was formed within those city limits including your home, friends, and a few distant family members. There was no where to go and no where that would provide the same comfort that home once had. 

Suddenly, within the quiet wooded area, you heard the sound of quick foot prints that instantly made you pick up the pace. Your instant run was nothing short of pathetic as your muscles seemed to scream with every movement you made. Your breathing became more rapid as a few small noises escaped your lips trying to form a scream though you weren't able to completely. 

Just as you were about to hide behind a tree the sound of the foot prints easily caught up with you as a strong hand grabbed onto your upper arm managing to instantly stop your movements. 

"Stop running." the familiar voice told you with a firm tone. 

Your heard turned around quickly with that familiar sound only to see the half robotic man who you were last with standing completely unharmed keeping a tight grip on your arm. It was difficult to see him in the darkness though you knew he still had that firm look on his face that he wore when you met him.

"Oh my God." you breathed out feeling like the weight of the world had just been lifted from your shoulders. 

Turning your body, you quickly closed the gap between the man and yourself wrapping your free arm around his neck tightly while he still held on to the other. His body, from what you could feel, tensed under your touch though he didn't move at all. He made no attempt to embrace you while he made no attempt to push you away either. His body froze as you hung on him pressing against his half robotic body tightly .

"I need to get you somewhere warmer." he said in his same usual tone though it was debatable if he was actually speaking to you or more to himself. 

The man never bothered to remove your arm from around his neck but instead removed his own hand from your arm. Both of his arms moved tightly around your waist lifting your feet from the hard ground until you wrapped them around his body and brought your newly freed arm around his next as well. You clung to his cold body tightly refusing to loosen your grip even if it meant choking the man or breaking his neck. 

Your body continued to shake as you felt the man start to move swiftly though the wooden area though he was a bit slower than before surely because of the way he was carrying you. 

"Where are we going?" you managed to ask him through while your teeth slightly chattered from the now cold wind hitting your wet body. 

"I don't know." he answered with a hint of conflict in his voice. 

If this man was from sort of organization surely he couldn't take you back to where ever their hideout or gathering place was. Those places were never made public despite the best attempts from the media to reveal their secret locations. 

A part of you became somewhat afraid suddenly unsure if you could trust this mysterious man who seemed to be going well out of his way to help you including track you down from across the river and into the wooden area. Did he have some sort of hidden agenda? Was he planning on selling you or hurting you? 

On the other hand, he wasn't rough or violent with you and seemed to take great care the two times he had held you in his arms while he ran from potential dangers. He looked so strange though. Normal people didn't have half robotic bodies and they surely weren't fighters carrying a sword with them ready to kill something if need be. 

Your eyes closed tightly while you buried yourself into the part of his shoulder that you could feel. Surely whatever happens to you with this man would be a stroke of luck compared to the fate you would have met back in the city if that robot would have finished placing you with the other hostages. 

~~~To be continued~~~