Chapter two

hiii guys!

Did you like chapter one?

Ugh this is getting complicated idk

~kæ

-

"Mom?" Chloe choked out.

"No, last time I checked I wasn't your mother" Ethan tried to get her to laugh, but it wasn't working.

Chloe was at lost for words, choking and spitting on her words.

"Suicide is never the answer. I don't care how big your problem is. You don't have to do this"

"Yes I do" Chloe said through tears "This is what everyone wants."

"This isn't what I want" Ethan interrupted.

Chloe felt her breathing get short, because this was not supposed to happen.

"What's your name?" Ethan asked carefully, knowing he was walking on thin ice.

"Chloe Lukasiak" she said in between tears.

"Got any family Chloe? Besides your mom?" He tried, hoping to give her the will to live.

"I have my sister, Clara" she paused "she's dead. died in a car accident along with my father"

Shoot, he thought to himself, definitely not helping.

Chloe didn't seem to care, she kept rambling.

"They were getting me from a friends house, someone hit them from behind.

If they didn't drive to get me none of this would've happened, they would still be alive"

He felt Chloe collapse into tears on the other line.

"She was only six. I killed her, my own sister.

My mom kicked me out within four months. She didn't want to live with a killer, and I didn't blame her"

Ethan heard the line go silent.

"Chloe?"

She gasped on her tears.

"I appreciate you trying to stop me, but no one can. You don't know me-"

"I know you well enough" Ethan blurted, not even knowing where it was coming from.

"I know that you must live in constant fear everyday, scared what might happen to you, scared if you hurt someone else, scared that if you even move a muscle, something bad will happen.

Chloe, you don't have to live in fear, because for the first time in your life, you will have someone waiting to help you"

He looked in shock of what he blurted out quickly. He didn't even know he felt this way. He didn't even know this girl, why was he feeling so strongly?

Chloe took a deep breath and stepped down from the rooftop, hitting the end call button.

Ethan was screaming on the other line "Chloe! Chloe!" he yelled, over and over.

He frantically ran around his house, trying to think about how to see if she was fine. He may not have ever seen the girl, but it's horrific to know that you were someone's last failed hope.

After many hours, his sister came home to find him passed out from exhaustion at 10:30 that night.

-

Chloe sat on the rooftop, head cradled in her hands. Who was this boy, and why did he care so much?

Why did he question everything she'd ever felt or known?

-

I'm rlly confused on where to go with this uGH

~kæ