Chapter 3

Did I make a mistake letting me secret out? Should have I told the boys? What if they tell people? What if this makes HIM come back?

All these questions kept me up last night. So many things going through my head all becoming too much. What if I come to school and they don't want to be my friend anymore because I'm a mum?

That was my biggest worry.

***

Walking into school, I make my way quickly to my locker to pick the books I needed for my first lesson.

"Good morning, Lyla," A voice says from behind me, causing me to jump slightly.

I turn around to see a mischievous grin on Hunter's face.

I give him the finger.

"That hurt," he jokes.

"Good morning Hunter," I say turning back around to grab my art book.

"About last night-," He starts.

Shit, here is where he tells me he doesn't want to be friends anymore. Good on you Lyla for spilling the beans once again.

"I understand if you don't want to be my friend because I have baggage and all that," I state.

He shakes his head, "That's the opposite of what I wanted to tell you."

I look at him confused.

"Look, Noah and I really don't mind about you being a mum, we think it's great actually. I don't know where you go the idea that we wouldn't want to be friends with you anymore," He tells me.

"I was just worried," I look down.

Hunter takes a step forward and brings his hand to my chin tilting my head up to meet his eyes.

"Don't be worried, your secret is safe with us and we will protect you and Xavier."

The way he said it was so sincere and I knew he meant it.

"Xavier was asking about you this morning, do you wanna come over after school?" I ask.

"I'd love to," He says slinging an arm around my shoulder as the first bell rings.

***

"Hunter!" Xavier's little voice screams through the house.

My little man runs to Hunter giving him a hug around his legs, before Hunter picks him up.

My heart starts to melt seeing this. I can tell in the future Hunter would make a great father, he's so great with Xavier.

"How was your day buddy?" he asks Xave.

"Good! I met a girl in day care today!" Xave replies excitedly.

I look at Xave putting my best stern face on, "Don't you even think about it mister."

"Think about what?"

"Yeah, think about what?" Hunter joins in.

I give both the boys 'the look'.

"Okay so what do you want for dinner kiddo?" I ask.

"Meatballs!"

Hunter nods in agreement.

So, I guess he is staying for dinner than and eating meatballs.

Seeing as my uncle and aunt work tonight it's just going to be us three. I'll still make enough for five because I'll leave some in the fridge for when they get home.