03

Today was a special day. Your parents invited us for dinner with my mom.

You picked us up, climbing out of your car in a tuxedo and that famous box smile of yours that never failed to make ladies swoon over.

To be honest, I felt intimidated with the simple white dress with a thin blue silk belt in the middle that I wore.

But you always figured when I felt insecure.

And you knew just what to do when I felt that way. You always did.

You linked arms with me, pressing a soft kiss on my forehead and whispered,

"When will you ever stop being beautiful?"

A grin immediately formed on my lips, and stretched wide. I swear, even my body felt like smiling. If that was possible.

My mom heard us and she chuckled behind, probably thinking of the sick lovebirds we were.

Except that one of us was actually sick.

When we arrived at the fancy restaurant, I understood why you had to wear a tux. Though I kept teasing you anyways.

But you didn't mind.

You didn't mind because you said you enjoyed watching me giggle even at your expense.

That night, we merrily ate dinner.

Conversations never ceasing. Everyone was happy.

It made me forget that I was actually sick.

Your parents had always treated me as if nothing was wrong. That I was a normal girl, dating their normal son.

Well, extraordinary precious son.

And I love them for that. I truly appreciated it.

Make sure you tell them that, okay?

That same night, your parents had also thanked me. Since you actually paid attention to school.

You didn't told me that, though. How could you?

I felt so proud, I couldn't believe you'd been hiding me those high marks you got.

But in all honesty, I wasn't to be thanked for anything.

I shouldn't be.

Instead, I should thank you.

Thank you for making my remaining days colorful and alive, Taehyung.

There's a lot to thank you for, actually.
I wish you'd actually let me finish.

You always cut me when I did, wondering why I randomly showered you with gratitude.

You knew why though. We both knew why. We always knew.

That night was one of the best nights I ever had, Taehyung.

But that was also the last night I was able to go out.