Chapter 24

~Anna's POV~

During the vacations, some of us left the city for recreational purposes, some had relatives over, but still a few of us had nothing better to do than eating chips and watching TV late night. Those some of us included, Yahiko, me and Itachi. Konan too but she was away again, one of her other aunts fell sick soon after the passing of the previous one.

"Neee Yahikoooo, why did Konan have to leave againnnn?" I asked the orange haired guy in a bored tone.

"Her aunt-"

"I knowwwwww. When will she be baaccckkkk?" He sighed.

"Soon Anna, soon." I pouted and buried my face in my arms. The company of us three were walking in the park, tired of sitting at home. Itachi was forced to come because his mother somehow found out that I would have to go to the park alone and knowing what tragedy befell me on my way to a park in history, she made Grizzly accompany me.

"Maaannn! I am so bored! What do you guys do here for fun?" I asked both the boys but only Yahiko answered. Itachi seemed, I don't know, somewhat angry or annoyed or irritated for some reason.

"Well we normally go to the beach but it would be better if all of us went." I nodded in agreement. "Then we just hangout with friends and stuff."

"Thats...thats boring." I commented but suddenly stopped when Yahiko did, near a noticeboard sort of board where flyers and posters were stuck.

"Oh hey yeah, we have festivals in the summer as well." My eyes lit up.

"I always wanted to gooooo! But I have never been to one! Ever! When is it? When is itttt?" I asked, getting really excited about going but then something struck and I resumed my walking, stuffing my hands in my pants.

"Its after Konan gets back- oi what happened?"

"I can't go alone. My brothers won't come with me so nobody left to go with." I answered my friend sadly, huffing at the very thought of not being able to go.

"You can come with me and Konan?"

"Nopes. Don't want to intrude on you two."

"It isn't intrusion."

"No really, better luck next time I suppose." I felt really sad about skipping. Yahiko's offer made me remember Marcus again. "I could have gone with Marcus if he was still alive..."

Crap. I didn't mean to say that out loud!!

"Itachi will accompany you then." I stopped again and looked at Yahiko then shrugged.

"He wouldn't."

"Of course I wouldn't." Came the reply from the forever-silent Uchiha.

"See?" Konan's boyfriend gave Itachi a look who raised his hands in defense.

"Don't push me to do things I don't want to do. Its waste enough to be here."

I just smiled sadly and continued my walk, with my head down and mind wandering, not caring if the boys followed me.

"Your mom sent you?!" Yahiko asked Itachi, laughing. I joined it from a distance. It was funny the way he was laughing about it.

"Stop it. You both are gathering attention." Grizzly said, clearly annoyed now, not even hiding it.

"And you aren't? With your oh so lovely hair?" I only meant it as a joke. The target of laughter rolled his eyes.

"I hope Konan gets back soon then you will bug her and not me all the time." Well that was genuinely rude.

"Excuse me? I'm bugging you?" Yahiko slapped his forehead. He knew better than Itachi how heated things get when I get even a bit serious.

"Yes. Now be quiet."

"Who the heck are you to order me around? Last time I checked my bosses were dead!"

"Don't raise your voice with me." The raven haired boy warned me.

"Don't change the damn subject!"

"Don't provoke me Anna or-" I cut him short, angry beyond repair.

"Or what?! I dare you!"

"Just shut up." He was still calm on the surface but I could see the maelstrom in his eyes. A rare sight.

"What if I don't?"

"Then get out of my sight." Well that did it.

"Good for you Uchiha I don't like being a burden when I am not wanted around. So I will just leave and pray to whoever is incharge of fates that my miserable life ends on the way so you won't ever have to bother with my existence again!" I yelled and quickly left, not listening to what Yahiko was saying and certainly not listening to my extremely loud heartbeats that usually meant an attack. I had to calm myself so I decided to take the long way home.

~

 Enjoy Reading~

Thank You~

Itachi_Warrior desu~ ^/_\^

~