Chapter 1

Your eyes wandered as you watched everyone in line preparing themselves to audition. Hearing amazing voices coming from every direction, you couldn't help but to bring yourself down. You were up against so much talent. 

'How could I ever make it ?' You thought as you sadly glanced down, holding your entry ticket close to your heart.

"Yesterday I died, tomorrow's bleeding. Fall into your sunlight~".  You started to sing your auditioning song. "The future's open wide, beyond believing. To know why, hope dies~".

The sound of leaves ruffling in the breeze seemed to harmonize with your voice as you closed your eyes, the wind caressed your cheeks with a reassuring touch.

All of this brought you back into the past, when you'd sing for your friend Nanami. She'd write lyrics for you so she could hear your wonderful voice. You missed that, every part of it. Singing by her side, spening time with her, and simply being her bestfriend every day. You missed that so much. You were happy for her though, she entered Saotome Academy like she had always dreamed to. You helped her fulfill her dream and that's all that matters to you. As long as she's happy, you were too. You just wished that you could have went with her, but you didn't pass the exam. Even though she was devastated and didn't want to go without you, you insisted on her to go anyway. After all, you're not about to hold her back from living her dream. 

'I wonder how she's doing,'  You thought. 

When you stopped and opened your eyes, everyone was looking at you. "Wow, you have an amazing voice!" "She's going to make it without a doubt!" The surrounding crowd of people began to clap and cheer joyfully for you.

You blushed but smiled nonetheless, "Thank you so much." You genuinely said, wearing your heart on your sleeve. You just couldn't believe that the people who sang moments ago with incredible voices, are now the ones complementing your own. Maybe they're just being nice, or..

'Maybe I have a chance after all'. 

As the line of people finally decreased, your nerves started to kick in. Blood rushed through your vains, warmth found its way to your heart, and butterflies fluttered endlessly throughout your stomach.

You couldn't calm down, you couln't keep yourself together. The most important moment of your life  was only a few moments away. Singing meant the world to you, if you were ever to be let down by the group of people you've been looking up to for so long, you wouldn't know what to do.

Not only that, but you were alone in this.

You sighed in an attempt to calm down. It worked, but only for the briefest moment. The wind picked up it's pace as your hair flowed hectically. 'Great, I'm going to look horrible on top of everything'. You thought with a frown.

"Meow," you looked down and saw a black cat sitting infront of you, smiling. "Aww," you kneeled down and petted the cat while smiling brightly. He purred soothingly, enjoying and savouring every stroke of your hand. 

While your thoughts and the cat occupied you, the breeze blew your ticket away effortlessly. "No, without my ticket I can't audition!" You shouted, running after the important piece of paper, the cat meowed as if he was concerned as he watched you run away. 

It seemed as though the wind had intentions of its own. Making you late and missing the only opportunity you have on pursuing your dream as a singer and as a fan were two of them. You frowned even more when your ticket landed up in a tree. "You've gotta be kidding me..". You cursed under your breath looking high up above you. There was no way you could climb that high, get your ticket back and make it in time for the audition. 

You felt like giving up as tears crept into the corners of your eyes. Maybe it just wasn't meant to be. Maybe becoming a singer was something more suitable for somebody else. 

'No! I already came this far, I can't just give up now!'  You thought to yourself as you wiped away your tears and carelessly proceeded in climbing the tree. It wasn't very easy, considering the fact that you've never climbed a tree before.

Half way up, you slipped and nearly fell. You thickly swallowed as you slowly looked down, evident fear showing in your eyes. Regardless, you continued climbing, your ticket was in reach as you smiled in relief. 'It's still there.'

You grabbed it without a moments of hesitation and smirked, proud of your little achievement.

Now.. to get down.  

Branch by branch, you made your way back to the ground, with complications of course. Your foot got caught on a broken branch causing you to slip and fall.

'I'm going to die' . You tought as you were in the process of falling. Clenching your eyes shut, you were prepared to hit the ground. Miraculously, the impact wasn't as hard as you thought it would be, as a matter of fact, it didn't even hurt at all. 

Opening your eyes, you were face to face with a handsome, tanned man. He caught you and is now holding you in his arms tenderly. 

"Am I dead ?" You asked touching the mysterious mans face, checking to see if he was real. 

He merely chuckled, "Of course you're not," he replied with the sweetest of smiles. 

You blushed in embarrassment. "Oh aha, I knew that.." 

The breeze blew, displacing the mans hair sexily. 

"Thank you, for catching me.. Um ?" You said, breaking the silence while truly thanking him.

"My name's Cecil," he smiled. "I'm sorry, it was my fault that you lost your ticket in the first place." His smile faded in disappointment.

"Oh no it's not your fault! The wind blew it away." You replied back to him, still in his arms. 

'Why would he blame it on himself ?'

He simply gave you a smile, 'If only she knew', he thought. "Don't you have an audition to attend to?" He asked soflty, letting you down ever so gently. You loved his touch, how softly he spoke and how gentle he was. Just who was this man ? It felt like you've met him before.

"Oh yeah! Thank you so much Cecil!" You beamed, thankful that he had reminded you. You then took off, hurrying before the auditions ended.

"Good luck!" Cecil shouted, cupping his hands around his mouth. Smiling, he knew in that moment,  that it was his job to protect you. 

Panting heavily from running as fast as you could, you made it in time as you handed your ticket in. You couldn't believe that you actually made it. That you're here. The butterflies found their way back into your stomach as you bit your lip, unable to control your nerves. 

What if you chock up and forget all the words ? Or even worse, forget how to sing ? 

All of these scenarios rushed through your mind. You ignored them as much as you could, but even then, they were still in the back of your mind, as though they were engraved there, haunting you. 

Standing outside of the door where Starish are on the other side of, you sighed deeply. 'Who would have thought opening a door could be so pressurising.'

While turing the handle, you remembered what Nanami had once told you, "A light comes out of the darkness. A heart that makes a flower bloom in the wilderness journeys through the sky. Music changes the world."

Those were the words that helped you to get through anything, the words that inspired you, that motivated you but most importantly, those were the words that stayed with you. Those were her words. 

Remembering Nanami, you opened the door with confidence. Your fear, the nervousness and the butterflies, vanished. 

You couldn't believe, who was standing there, patiently waiting for you behind that door. 

~~

Well I really hope you enjoyed it :) I'll try to get Chapter 2 out soon, I promise!

Thank you all very much for reading! <3