21

Sophie's POV

My aunt and Becky left to go back to their own home. They only stayed at my house for a few days. Ace and I are not together, but act like a couple anyway so other people probably think we are a couple. 

Speaking of Ace we are at his house and he is chasing me. 

"Ace! You are never going to catch me!" I yell and glance behind me. 

He grins at me and locks his arms around my waist. He picks me up a little in the process. "Maybe next time, Soph." He whispers and I giggle because his breath is tickling my ear.

"You guys make me sick." An all too familiar voice scoffs. I don't need to look up to see who it is but I do anyway. "Why are you with my girlfriend anyway?"

"I'm not your girlfriend! Get that through your thick stupid head. Threatening someone doesn't mean you can control their life." I sigh and peace settles over me. I needed to do that so long ago. 

"Is he the guy you were talking about?" Ace questions and I nod without looking at him. Ace's arms fall to his sides and he is walking as fast as he can to my brother's friend. It is too late for me to stop Ace even if I wanted to. Ace punches him in the jaw and I hear a crack. I wince instinctively. 

"What's going on?" My brother exclaims as he runs up to Ace's garage and pulls Ace away from his friend.

Ace and Daniel's friend stares at me and then he does too. "When a girl says that she is fine or okay, ask her again because she isn't. Sometimes it's just because she is sad or had a bad day at school or something. Other times her big brother's friend could have threatened her like all those days before."

"Is that why you don't like my friends?"

I nod. "I just wanted to hang out with you, but then you would always bring those hippos home."

"Did you just call me a hippo?" His friend asks in disbelieve.

"Yes, yes I did." I turn back to Daniel. "He was also trying to control my life."

"And pretended she was his girlfriend," Ace adds.

"I thought you two were together?" Daniel questions.

"Not yet," I shrug.

"Yet? We can talk about that later. If  you will excuse me, I need to kick some butt and get rid of the trash I brought home."

"Thanks Daniel."

"No problem, little Sophie. We can have a brother sister day Saturday."

"Okay."

Daniel punches his 'friend' in the face and the drags him to his car. "YOU DARED! YOU DID EXACTLY WHAT I TOLD YOU NOT TO DO! I TOLD ALL OF YOU GUYS NOT TO GO NEAR MY SISTER AND WHAT DID YOU DO? OH, NOTHING TOO BAD MY BUTT! YOU TRIED TO HURT HER AND NOW I'M GOING TO HURT YOU!" He screams at him until they get in his car and I can't hear anything clearly.

Ace wraps his arm my shoulders. "You okay?"

"I feel so much better."

"Really?"

"Yeah," I glance at him with a smile. "It's like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders."

He lifts his arm off of my shoulders. "Sorry you probably had more weight on your shoulders."

I laugh and hug him. "You are an idiot."

"Am I your idiot?"

"I hope so," I grin and look up at him. We stare into each others eyes and he starts leaning down.

"Hey guys! Guess what I found?" 

I turn my head and see the rest of the guys standing there. "What did you find, Hunter?"

"A turtle!" 

"Aww! I want to see!" I exclaim and run over to Hunter.

"Dang it Hunter," Ace mumbles, but I pretend to not hear him. 

I think I almost had my first kiss.