Chapter Nineteen

"Amelia... do NOT touch that Rose!" Miss Felicity ordered whilst rushing into the classroom. By now most of the students had come in and sat at their desks. "It's just a flower, what's the harm?" I foolishly said whilst picking up the rose. Everything went black around apart from dead in front of me. It was night, a new moon in the sky. I saw the academy in flames. Ash's brother laughing at the sound of screams. Rose was on the ground in the courtyard... blood coming from her head and Chase shaking her lifeless body. And then I saw me. Unconscious at his feet. He picked me up and suddenly was surrounded by a black mass.

I blinked and it was over. I gasped. "What.. what's did I say?" I asked. My legs gave way to me and I fell to the ground. "All you said was black new moon," Rose said rushing towards me. Tears began to fall at her sight. "You're alive..."I whispered. Her face went white. "W...what did... you see?" She stuttered. I wiped my tears. "It was night, there was a new moon in the sky... the academy was on fire, there was screaming, Rose was on the floor in the courtyard," I whispered my voice horse from the thought, "she'd hit her head and she was bleeding... I don't know whether she was dead or unconscious... Chase was shaking her, Ash's brother was there..." I had to stop. I couldn't continue...

"Amelia... you must tell us exactly what happened!" Miss Felicity ordered. I shook my head. "I was lying on the floor in front of him... unconscious, he took me... he will set fire to the academy under the light of the new moon and he will take me.... there is no way to change this event, it will happen on the next new moon..." I said as tears began to fall once again. Rose hugged me tight and the class was deathly quiet. Apart from one voice. "For goodness sake... can't everyone tell she's just making all this up to get a little attention..." Cecilia laughed. I could see the rage on Miss Felicity's face.

"Cecilia Tattersall I've had quite enough of you... you're a pretentious spoilt brat, there is a threat to the academy and you laugh and say she's faking it when her precognitions have NOT been wrong yet!" Miss Felicity shouted as if telling a very naughty small child to go sit on the naughty step, "this is a warning... anymore of this and you'll be expelled!" The Queen of Hearts turned pale. She had no words to say for a change. I sighed as the bell rang. I grabbed the rose to throw in the bin but felt compelled to keep it. Why did he give me this if it would make me see that? Then it dawned on me.

"Miss Felicity I think I can change this..." I said as I turned my head, "I'm not sure how but I will change the future... I promise!" I sounded sure, I felt sure. I had to be. Otherwise Rose is dead, the academy is gone and I'm a kidnapped woman. In other words. We're all screwed... and if there's one thing I will not allow before my being kidnapped or even killed is for Rose to die. I'll beat that twat to a pulp before I will let that happen. With that thought we went off to Necromancy.

***************

Necromancy was interesting... that's one way of putting it. The room was full of skulls and was made to look dark and scary. Seriously... fair enough nobody knows how to do Necromancy but surely it's not doom and gloom like this guy was making it out to be. It turns out necromancy is both speaking to the dead as well as trying to raise them... which is a rather weird subject all in all but this guy just made it even weirder.

I swear this guy just talked about it like it was blasphemy and you could tell he didn't want to be here AT ALL. He sighed whenever a student asked a question and looked like he had a huge hangover. He went on to explain that tempestuous weather helps to raise the dead and the best time is between midnight and 1am on a full moon. The thing that got me was the fact necromancers stole clothes from dead people in graves and wore them... for some reason unknown to me because by the time this droning man got to the point I had already drifted into my own world.

I was glad for the bell to go. Surely necromancy wasn't that bad... was it? I mean I get the whole night and bad weather thing but... stealing clothes that dead people wore.... seriously? I sighed as we walked out of the class. I was exhausted. I really need to get a good nights sleep! Rose looked exhausted too. When I go to Miss Felicity's office later I must ask the doctor for some sleeping pills.