Chapter 16

«Badass Faye The Sequel»

There leaning against a rock weeping was the girl from district 11, Rue. She's holding onto her arm and I see it's badly burnt. I hold onto my knife and walk forward making my presents known, I hadn't seen anyone else here so I knew she was alone. She sees me and jumps up backing away slowly.

"Rue right?" I ask standing still. She simply nodded. "Can I have a look at your arm, I have something that might help with it."

"St...stay away from me." She stutters putting me bag on her back and screaming with the pain from her burn.

"I haven't killed anyone yet and I'm not going to start with you. Look." I drop my knife and put my bow and arrows down as well. "Now I don't have a weapon. Okay?" She looks at me for a moment.

"Wh...what's your p...pin of?" She asked.

"Its a mockingjay." I say as she finally moves over to me. "I have burn cream in my bag, but we're gonna have to move. Get undercover. I won't hurt you, I'm here to help." I quickly add as we walk off to find somewhere to hide.

We walk on and soon fire starts falling out the sky, I thought the plan was to drive us all together. But it was really for the audience. Now they're going to see some action.

"We need to get undercover." I say pulling Rue along. "Yeah, I get the pun!" I say signalling the gamemakers. "A very funny joke, the girl on fire - burnt by fire." I hiss. Soon the fire stops aiming directly at us leaving us time to hide between rocks. We had a cover over us so we were fine for now. "We should be safe now." I say catching my breath.

"Your shoulder." Rue said pointing out I had a massive burn on it, I forgot that I'd put my jacket around my waist leaving my shoulder unprotected.

"I'll live for now." I pulled my burn ointment out my bag and opened it. "Arm." Rue put her arm out while I rubbed the ointment on it.

"It stings." She said not flinching but squeezing her eyes shut.

"Sorry, I need to wrap your arm in something." I said looking in my bag.

"I have bandages in my bag." I look inside her bag and picked the bandages up before wrapping her arm up. "Thanks, do you want help with your shoulder?" She asked sweetly.

"Yes please." Rue then put the cream on my shoulder and wrapped it in the bandages. I noticed it was getting late and the sun was going down. "Rue, do you want to stay with me for a while?" I asked.

"Wait like an alliance?" She questioned a bit shocked.

"Why not?"

"Because I'm the weakest here. And the youngest, I don't have a chance." She said looking down.

"Yell, your smart. You managed to get a bag and stay alive. You look like your well and the only injury you have is a burn. And I'm sure that fire was meant for me."

"Okay then. I'll stay. Friends." She said shaking my hand.

"Oh, there's something I need to do first."

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Peeta's POV

We ran for our lives. The fire was dreadful, we past the small girl from district 11 holding her arm while trying to run off but coughing.

"What should we do!" Clove asks pointing to her.

"Leave her! Can we get out of here?!" I shout impatiently. We all start running again and away from the flames.