Chapter Thirteen: Part One

A photo of  what she would have looked like in high school vs the night this chapter takes place.^^

"So tell me what you want, what you really, really want, I'll tell you what I want, what I really, really want-"

"Nina, please turn this off, you know how much I hate the spice girls!" I hissed at Nina as she sung along loudly to the obnoxious girl group.

"If you wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my friends, make it last forever, friendship never ends!"

Nina sung those words as she yanked me up from her bed by my thin wrists.

"C'mon Nina, my head hurts" Ignoring me, she twirled me around and then placed her hands on my shoulders as she dance. This reminds me of when we were in high school. I was always the downer, laying on her bed trying to study for whatever test we had coming up and she would be slacking off and dancing around her room to whatever to hit song was out. Now that I think about it, she never studied. It baffles me as to how she got into college.

"C'mon Lucille, loosen up a little" Nina laughed as she grabbed her second can of beer.

"Oh God, don't ever use my full name again" I chuckled as I sat back down on her bed.

"I'm just not feeling to good" I muttered as I pulled her pink monkey stuffed animal over my stomach.

"Girl, you're still sick? I thought you said you were feeling better" Nina asked as she turned down her radio.

I shrugged and let out a sigh.

"Listen I'm fine, I'll be fine. Stop worrying"

Nina raised her eyebrows. "Whatever, if you say so. So last night I was-"

Nina stop mid sentence when we heard a knock on the door. We both looked at each other at the same time. Nina's parents both weren't home and she is an only child, so that means house to ourselves tonight. Or so I thought.

"They're here" Nina said as a grin spread across her face like the Cheshire Cat.

"Who's here?" I asked raising my eyebrows.

"I may have uh, invited some friends over from my school and uh high school" Nina said nervously.

"Are you kidding? I wanted to just hang out with you! Is- is that why you made me get all dressed up earlier, huh?" I asked as I sat up from her bed. Obviously if you can't tell, I hate parties. I hate socializing in general.

"But look how good you look! And some of your high school bullies are going to be here. Remember Sierra? Or James?"

Oh God, I haven't seen them since I graduated, and I wanted it to stay that way. You remember me speaking about Sierra, but James. James and I were lab partners in eleventh grade. We got along ok, I guess. He was captain of the football team, he had the perfect body, perfect brown fluffy hair, perfect personality, perfect big brown eyes, perfect.. well everything I guess. Or at least I thought. But it wasn't a major crush, I just sorta thought he was hot and that's really it. Sure he could make me laugh and was fun to talk with but, when I found out he had dated almost every girl at school, I didn't want anything to do with him. Until about January of Junior year. He asked me out, which was a huge shock to everyone, especially me. I was desperate for someone to love me and at the time I was stupid and said yes.

We got very close, we would sneak out and go on long walks together at midnight almost every chance we could get. He was my first kiss, my first boyfriend, the first guy that I thought I could really trust. A month later he asked me to prom and of course I said yes. I was so excited, I wore a black long dress, with diamond studs going down the bottom, my hair was curled, and for once in my life I had wore makeup. That night I waited outside my house for almost two hours waiting for him, he wouldn't answer his calls, or anything. To make a long story short, I ended up having Ross and his date drive me up to school with them that night, and there I saw James. James with his face sucking onto Mckenzie Moore's, his ex girlfriend. And his hand touching an area I'd rather not say.

I walked over to him, yanked off the necklace he had given the week before and I threw it at him. I don't remember what I yelled at him, but I do remember McKenzie turning to me and saying "do you really think a guy like James would be with someone like you"

I burst into tears and ran to the bathrooms. That's all I can remember of the night. But after that James treated me just like he treated everyone else he hated. And for some reason, which I never found out, he hated me. Maybe because I humiliated him in front of the whole school? Or because I told people we were dating when he had told me not to say anything.

I snapped back into reality when Nina was saying my name repeatedly. "Oh sorry I was just um" I said as I bit down on my lip nervously.

"Go freshen up in the bathroom and I'll get the party started" Nina cheered as she ran downstairs.

I sighed and walked over to her bathroom where I fixed my makeup a little. Earlier she had me put on a pair of her boyfriend jeans, a black belt, a tight knitted blood red crop top and my sneakers. And also had my hair in big bouncy curls. I guess I looked pretty.

I opened her bedroom door and could already hear the loud talking and music getting louder. God be with me tonight.

•••••••••••••

I haven't updated in what seems a million years. I'm so sorry about that, I had huge writers block but I was be putting part two of this chapter up soon. And also Leo will be in it, don't worry. Love you all💖💖💖