Chapter Four

"Fuck, he'll be here soon." I muttered as I checked my watch. I pulled my dirty t-shirt off and then replaced it with a clean white one that read 'resist' in black lettering. I swapped my shorts for a pair of ripped black skinny jeans and then slipped on a pair of vans.

"Brother? Calum Hood? We don't even look alike." I sighed as I thought more about it. I curse the good guy inside of me that made me offer for testing. What are the chances we'd be related?

I picked my phone up and then went on to Twitter, tweeting about an upcoming live video on Insta and an upcoming fanevent this weekend with Gi. After posting them, I decided to just look through my feed, see what crazy stuff is on today.

In the midst of my scrolling, I came across a photo of Calum on my timeline, from someone yet again comparing us, and I sighed. I clicked on it and then went to the mirror in my bathroom. I held his photo up against it and then rose an eyebrow as I ran a hand through my hair, looking between the photo and my reflection.

"Okay, maybe a little, but that doesn't prove anything." I muttered as I opened Instagram up next. I started a live story and then looked at the camera. "Guess who's bored. Guys. This man right here."

I read the comments and then smiled. "Kids are at school. My girl's working. I'm just waiting up for a friend so we can go work on a little something something." I said and then laughed. "Totally, I'm going to film a porno. Think I'd make it big?"

I laughed loudly as people promised that I would and I heard the doorbell ring. "That must be him, let's see if he wants to be on my stream." I told them and then went downstairs, not before putting on a black snapback.

"Why am I gorgeous? I dunno, genetics man. I can't help it." I told them and then opened the front door. "Hey man."

"Hey Connor," Calum smiled and I looked at my phone and I fixed my hair. "Are you on Snapchat or something?"

"Livestream on Insta. You tryna' be in it?" I asked and people began asking if they just heard Calum Hood's voice. Calum nodded and I stood beside him, putting him in the camera aswell. "So, this is happening guys."

"What's up?" Calum asked and laughed at the comments. "Double trouble, eh?" He questioned and looked at me.

"Was that a Team Rocket reference or a sex reference from the porno I'm supposedly filming?" I asked and Calum choked on his laugh as he looked away.

"Subject change." Calum told me and I nodded as he went outside.

"So we're going on a trip somewhere in the land of Los Angeles. The city of angels." I told them and then bit my lip as I stepped outside. I locked the front door behind us s Calum said we were taking his car and I nodded. "Maybe you'll catch us around town, that'd be lit."

"I wouldn't mind seeing same fans." Calum agreed as I got into the passengers seat. "If you see us, don't be scared to say 'hi'. We don't bite."

"Well... depends who you're asking..." I trailed off and we both laughed. "A video with 5 Seconds of Summer? Well maybe, we'll see. I only met two of the members, they probably hate me anyways." I told them and they began freaking out in the comment section.

Calum turned the radio up as I put my seatbelt on and I shook my head. "This is my song." I said and Calum nodded as Michael Jackson played.

He began singing as I snapped my fingers along to Man In The Mirror and I turned the camera to him as he pulled on to the freeway. "My battery is dying." I laughed and then turned it back. "Well, that's all for today. Wishing you a happy Wednesday, stay safe and spread kindness. Bye."

I ended the stream and then put my phone in my back pocket as I hummed. "I'm starting with the man in the mirror, I'm asking him to change his ways," we sang together and I laughed as he told me I was flat.

"I don't sing, we can't all be popstars." I told him and he nodded. Despite that however, we continued singing, both of us off key.

-

"Do you think it'll come out positive?" Calum asked and I looked at the Disney sticker on my arm. "Honestly?"

"I really don't know, but positive or not, related or not, doesn't change the fact you're pretty cool and a should hang out while you're here." I told him and he nodded.

"Yeah. I'm just hoping man. I don't wanna be weird, but after my mum told me about some secret twin brother out in the world, I had to go look. I'm sorry for seeming nuts." He said and I shrugged.

"Don't apologize, it's alright. I understand." I told him and he nodded as we left the hospital. "So, I don't want to be that guy, but do you and your boys will be up for a video?"

"Yeah, we're all free today, I know Michael and I won't mind, so the others won't either. My place or yours?" He asked and I pointed at myself.

"Less trouble if we just kick it at mine. I have all the equiptment in my den, and plus, I wouldn't have to leave early after I pick my twins up." I told him and he nodded as he unlocked the door.

"Alright. Yeah I'll call the guys, see if they're up for it. They should be, it's not like they have lives anyways. They're a bunch of losers." He said and I laughed as we got got into his cat.

"God, you're so nice to your friends." I said sarcastically and he agreed while turning the vehicle on, our doors closing right after.

"I hate them all." He told me and I shook my head as I stuck my arm out of the window. I pulled my phone out with my free hand and then went to Twitter, asking people to send in would you rather's, if you had too's, and questions for the band and I.

Calum turned the radio up and I laughed, holding my phone up as I made a video recording it. "I love this song." Calum said and I smiled.

"Thank you, it means a lot. I worked hard on it." I thanked him and he nearly slammed on the brakes. "What?"

"You make music too?"

"Yes sir. I did this with Dua Lupa and the Chainsmokers." I told him and he looked at me wide eyed as we hit a red light. "My next single comes out in like... four days maybe? Five?"

"Shit, I didn't know you make music too. I feel talentless." He gaped and I shrugged as u posted the video on Twitter.

"I don't exactly tour and sit in a studio all the time. I have like three songs and that's it, people are asking for an album but I don't know if I'm up for it. I'm capable, but the music industry is a trick and scam." I confessed and he agreed.

"Produce your own music, then no one can tie you or you success down. You're your own boss, unless you find someone to manage you without being apart of a bigger company." He added and I nodded.

"Possibly. For now it's just for fun, I'm not thinking about every little detail. Touring isn't good for the family either, my kids would cry if I don't take them to school or pick them up." I explained and he looked at me.

"How old are they?"

"Like five years old." I answered and he stared at me. "Yes, I know, how could I knock a girl up at sixteen? Why did I 'jeopardize' my future with kids? What was I thinking, if I was even thinking? Answer is, I was pretty reckless back then, but let me tell you, best thing that has ever happened to me. Not once have I regretted that night since I helped my girlfriend through the pregnancy."

"You know, I want kids, but not that early. Not even now do I want them. Seems like a hassle, you know? Especially if you're in the spotlight all the time." He said and I nodded as we sat in traffic.

"They are, and it is, but they're the light of your life man. My kids and my girlfriend are my entire world, I love them more than anything. The biggest privilege in the world, to me, is to look at my kids and have them proudly call me their dad. I love them." I admitted and he smiled.

"I can see where you're coming from, yeah. Sounds amazing." He agreed and we began talking about our highschool years.