5 || You Look Homeless

Remember to check out Tides/Something Real! Also - The Buddies Rule was just completed!

Whichever gets the most votes (between this book and Tides) will receive bi-weekly updates! Vote now!!

________________

© 2017 Shay Spencer. All rights reserved.

I Liked You Better On YouTube

5 || You Look Homeless

____________________________

Patrick Neili
Subscribers - Four million, One Hundred Thousand, and seventy-three.

...

"You have got to be kidding me," I groaned into my pillow. It took everything in me to resist the urge to throw my phone across the room.

Facebook: Patrick Neili sent you a friend request.

This was probably the moment when I'd finally admit that I'd hit rock bottom. So, reluctantly, I hit accept; because what else could I do at a time like this. Our relationship was contracted to be official, anyways.

I rolled over in bed, leaving my phone on the pillow next to me before shoving the contract into the drawer of my bedside table. I didn't even want to look at it.

That very contract made me feel used in the worst way possible.

I had been forced to send in a resignation to my boss late last night in light of the contract signing. I couldn't be working for some low life Brooklyn paper when the one and only Patrick Neili had claimed my soul, as he so lovingly said yesterday.

He now owned me, and my job was one of the things I had been instructed to let go of. Not that quitting a job that I'd hated for well over two years was a bad thing, it was just the Patrick of it all.

I dragged myself up and out of bed, managing to stumbled over to my closet in one piece. I pulled out a pair of dark jeans and a white long sleeved shirt before changing as quickly as I could.

I didn't bother to do anything with my hair.

Strolling out into the living room, I finally took notice of the gentle knocking at my apartment door. I was half hoping it was Hanna.

Though I wasn't surprised to find Patrick on the other side of the door.

"Hey, babe," he mused with a smirk. He practically tossed one of the two coffees he was holding at me. "You might need this."

"How thoughtful of you." I mocked, closing the door behind him. "What are you-"

"Doing here?" He interrupted. "I'm visiting my girlfriend, Natalie Carson. You heard of her?"

"I'm serious, Patrick."

"So am I," he laughed. "You look like a homeless person. I'm going to have to buy you some new clothes if we're going to be seen together."

There's that charm I fell for.

"I haven't brushed out my hair," I shook my head. Watched as he sat down on the couch, I made my way over to him, taking my own seat on one of the stools near the table.

"Well you should," he sighed. "We've got things to discuss."

"And my hair needs to be brushed out for us to discuss them?"