Interlude

Interlude

Roark went for a walk in his new home, near the oddly straight river in the bottom of the Tithonium Chasma. The river flowed on and on. Kind of like time. He thought to himself.

His ideas had changed over time. He liked how the Martians did things. Everything was very controlled here. They had made the planet in their image – organized and exactly how they wanted it. He approved. It was how he would have done it.

It was a one of those days that was partly foggy and partly sunny, with rain showers falling while the sun shone. Rain pattered on his face. At least they don't block the rain from us, too. He supposed he understood why they didn't want people getting in that river current, but it would have been a shame if someone couldn't feel the cool sprinkle of a spring rain on their face.

He had decided he would get Callie to Mars. He made the gesture because he wanted Sienna back. He thought maybe it would make Sienna realize he believed in love. He had to do something grand at this stage in the game. He didn't want to end up like his own father. Not anymore.

He would help the little Martian girl get her boyfriend back, and he would get his girlfriend back. Hopefully.