ii

[a/n: lowercase is intended btw.]

| jae min |

the following morning jae min had forgotten the incident the previous day. she rummaged through her kitchen for something to eat.

"oh damn. i forgot to go grocery shopping." she cursed at herself for being really forgetful. with a heavy sigh, she got ready and decided to head out of her place. she was clad in mid-thigh shorts and a tank top. the sun shone brightly that day and it slightly bothered her.

with a phone in her pocket and headphones plugged in, she began to listen to 'run' by bts. the melody was beautiful and it was awe-inspiring. as soon as she neared the market, there were a few girls who gave her knowing glances. she decided to ignore them; it was none of her business to know why they looked at her like that.

when she stepped foot into the market, however, that was when hell broke loose.

"hey, isn't that the girl that was with our boys yesterday?" what the hell were they talking about? what boys ---- and soon, her small brain had recovered the memories of what happened the day before. her eyes widened. the girls approach her but she was at least quick enough to turn around and start jogging in the other direction.

"dashi run run run, you motherfu--" she muttered to herself but as she turned her head to see if the girls would follow her, she accidentally bumped into something extremely hard. she landed on her behind, a sharp pain reaching her cheekbone and her gluteus maximus.

she lifted her hand to feel her face and felt nothing broken. a sigh of relief escaped her lips. her eyes darted to the obstacle that stopped her and frowned when she saw a light pole.

how fucking embarrassing.

groaning, she got up, the frown growing deeper. she was expecting some sort of prince charming to come and save her from the pain, to take away the harsh blow to her dignity and pride, or what little she had left before she hit it with her face. her cheeks grew red at the thought of having kim namjoon of bts be right there to be her savior. she lightly smacked her cheeks.

it was never going to happen.

they were idols and she was a nobody.

again, she sighed and went about her merry way. her feet carrying her to wherever they felt like going. soon, she was stopped in front of the same coffee shop she had supposedly met her idols at. this time, there was barely anyone in the shop save for a couple at one table and a family of three at another. it was quiet and peaceful and she always loved it.

she sat at her favorite spot at the corner of the shop. she took out her phone and begin to mess around with it. a coffee cup was settled in front of her. this was always an occurrence. whenever she came to this spot, she would always order the strongest coffee with three tablespoons of creamer.

soon, she began to drink her coffee, but her tranquil peace was interrupted by the sound of the door opening. jae min took a glance and saw that it was the man that would not stop staring at her yesterday. she still had the feeling that she had met him before. she followed him with her eyes. he went up to the counter to order something and then sat a table to wait for his order. he pulled out his phone to wait. as soon as the order came, he got up to grab it. as soon as he turned around, his gaze met jae min's and she quickly turned away, disappointed in herself that she got caught staring at him.

she begins to ignore the feeling and continue to busy herself with her phone, but she was also interrupted from that when the mystery man appeared to be on the other side of the table. she silently gulped and looked up at the man. he was wearing the same mask as he was yesterday.

"is this spot taken?" his voice was like velvet yet it was so familiar. jae min, in her panicking state at the thought of having to converse with someone she doesn't know, could not remember who.

"oh. . . um, it is. . . uh, now." she cursed herself for her lack of confidence in her voice.

he set his things down and got comfortable on the chair. he leaned forward onto the table and rested his forearms whilst grasping his hands. he looked out at the window. this gave jae min the perfect opportunity to study his features better.

his bright blonde hair was swept to his right. his eyes were so sharp-looking and focused as he looked out at the scene in front of the shop. her heart began to pound in her ribcage and she looked away, hopefully trying to forget her stubborn reactions. she had literally met the fellow yesterday.

"i'm sorry for scaring you yesterday." he began in a low whisper. you heard him and a dust of pink began to appear on your probably bruised cheek.

"it's.. it's alright." she took in a breath. this was going just maybe a little better than yesterday. "i. . . i am not used to, um, social -- you know. speaking and whatnot?" her face got redder and redder and she could have sworn that the heat from the outside have gotten in and tortured her sweat glands.

"oh, are you nervous speaking to guys or just people in general?" he seemed so chill yet she seemed so uncomfortable.

"people." was all she could answer. he gave out a small chuckle and turned his head to her.

"i have a friend that would literally sweat when he is around girls." this put a small smile on her face at that. just like jungkook, i see.

then it clicked.

"oh. do you, by chance, happen to be kim namjoon of bts?" the question seemed to roll off her tongue, but she whispered the question since a few girls whom she recognized earlier had walked in.

the figure before her stiffened a bit and blinked. his eyes wide. he had not expected for her to be someone who would have been a fan since she was so mild compared to other fans. also, her ability of speech had changed and that threw him off a bit.

"yes. . . actually. my friends and i have been exploring this part of seoul before we have our comeback." jae min nodded, the interviewee blood in her pumped.

"when do you guys plan on having your comeback?" again, her confidence had set itself really high. namjoon just looked at her as if she was someone completely different. and now it was his turn to be flustered and nervous.

"ah. in a few weeks. but our manager is still trying to work out this whole scandalous business." he scratched the back of his head, his eyes darting anywhere but at her. jae min quickly realized that she had made him uncomfortable.

"o-oh. . . sorry for um - making you. . you know, uncomfortable." he chuckled lightly at her.

"it's fine." his voice was like velvet to her ears. she could hear him talk all day. unfortunately for her, he has a schedule he needs to keep up with and spending time with her was not on it. she quietly sighed at the thought and looked out the window before looking back at her phone.

"you know," namjoon began again, causing the shy girl to look up from an article she had just pulled up but was interrupted, "i wouldn't mind having your number to update you on our next concerts and fanmeets."

and it was at that moment that jae min could not breathe.