Chapter 14

Ten's POV
**********

We were thrown into several rooms, separate from each other. An odd, mechanical hand pushed me into a chair. That same arm tied me up with thick ropes. I felt a sharp tinge of pain erupt at my arm, and I wince. Looking at the spot where I felt it, I can barely spot the needle before it zips away, out of sight.

Five minutes. Ten minutes. Twenty. Is something supposed to happen? I think to myself. Well, let's just get out of these restraints then. Whatever was in that syringe, was it supposed to make me hallucinate? I suspected so. It didn't work for me, I guess.

I grunt as I struggle against the ropes. Damn, these are thick! What can I use to cut these things...

My pocket knife! Of course! They didn't take it away from me. That little thing should have enough power to cut the rope. It's in my back pocket. I move my hands around against the rope, stretching them along to my back pockets. I can feel it. I grasp the handle, and wasting no time, starting cutting away.

It took me twenty minutes to get out of that, but I got it eventually. Where is everyone else?

"Kieran? Aubrey? Shadow? Licorice?" I start calling out random names, praying one of them would hear.

Nothing. I jump out of the chair and scrambled to the door of the room. Turning the handle, it was surprisingly unlocked. I escape.

All around me are rooms, all lining down a long hallway. Is everyone else in these? I wondered. I went to the nearest door, the room next to mine, and looked it. Sitting in the middle of the room was Kieran. He was tied with ropes like I was, but whatever was in the syringe must've worked on him. He screamed out and cried as he struggled in the ropes. My eyes widen. I try to open the door, but it's locked. I growl. Nobody hurts my boyfriend like that!!! Nobody!!

I take a couple paces back, and sprint as fast as I can, ramming into the door. I feel the hinges loosen, but the damn thing didn't come down. I tried a couple more times, and finally, I was on the floor of the room. I groaned and lifted myself off the fallen door. Kieran screamed. I ran to him and shook his shoulders.

"Kieran!! Wake up!!" I yelled.

No use. I grabbed my pocket knife and used it to cut off the ropes. Still nothing. Kieran kept  crying. I laid him down on the floor and got on top of him. I tried everything I could to get him out of his trance, even kissing him. But to no avail. Tears burned my eyes as Kieran was now silent. I started to weep, and I laid myself down on him. I buried my face in his neck and cried.

"Please come back...please Kieran. I love you..."

Kieran's POV
************

I opened my eyes. I was floating down in a deep blue abyss. At first I couldn't make out what I was floating in, but I soon realized it was water. A deep blue ocean.

My eyes widened, and I started to scream and cry. This was my fear. How did I get here?! I'm terrified of drowning. This is why I'm always so nervous when we're in the pool at the agency for training.

I try to swim up, but my legs and arms immediately become tired, and I can only watch as the pressure builds in my body from the water. I am silent as I descend. I close my eyes.

Five minutes pass, and I've lost all hope. Im losing air fast. I'm sprawled out now, like a starfish. Suddenly, I hear something. It sounds like something is moving, and it's getting louder. This creature is swimming towards me.

Opening my eyes, they immediately widen as I realize that the creature is a human. Ten. He swims down to me with great desperation, his arms reached out to me. He finally reaches me, and I start crying again. Now we're both gonna die.

Ten grabs my shoulders gently, and pulls my face closer to his. He presses his lips against mine. The kiss isn't rough, it's soft and full of passion. I kiss back, wrapping my arms around his neck and my legs around his torso. Ten keeps his lips there. He puts one arm around me, and uses his other arm and legs to swim up. He still isn't letting go of the kiss, and I'm not either. I grip to him as we ascend. The pressure starts to go away, and soon we're on the surface of the water, and I can breathe once again.

I open my eyes. I'm in that same room I was put in by that mechanical arm. But I'm not in the chair, tied up anymore. I'm laid down on the floor. Confused, I look around. A body is laying on top of me, and I soon realize it's Ten. He has his face buried in my neck, and he sniffles and cries as he says:

"Please come back...please Kieran. I love you..."

He keeps repeating this, and my eyes widen. Where have I been? Did that syringe make me hallucinate that I was drowning? Ten is gripping to me rather tightly, and I lift my arm. I gently start to rub his back, and his breath hitches. He lifts his head and looks at my face.

"Kieran?" Ten still has tears running down his face.

I smile. "I'm here, sweetie. I'm here." I wipe away his tears.

He yelps out, and before I know it, he's making out with me. I pull him closer, kissing him back as he holds my face. I groan softly as he dominates me.

"Mm...Ten..." I groan.

Ten smiles a little, and pulls away. We gasp for air. As soon as I catch my breath, I grin.

"Missed me...huh?"

"A lot," Ten smiles and nods.

"Where is everyone?" I ask as I look around.

"I think whatever was in those syringes, makes you guys hallucinate. Everyone is in separate rooms, I believe," Ten replies. "What did you hallucinate about?"

"My greatest fear," I remain vague.

"Then everyone else must be hallucinating their fears too," Ten taps his chin.

I tilt my head. "What did you hallucinate?"

"I didn't. I don't think I have a greatest fear," Ten looks confused.

I do as well. "That's odd. Either way, thank you for saving me. Now, let's go save our other friends, okay?"

Ten nods. Before he gets off me, he kisses me again. I kiss him back, and he pulls away. He lifts himself off me, and helps me to my feet. We walk out of the room and look around.

Ten looks in a room. "It's Licorice."

I peer in. Licorice is tied up, crying profusely as he shakes. Did I look like that? I wonder.

Together, Ten and I ram the door and knock it down with only a few tries. I can only pray that we'll be able to save everyone in time, before they die in the hallucinations. Cause I fear, that if they die there, they'll die in reality too.