Chapter 4-Team Eclipse, Second Encounter

"Nadia! I'm back!"

Jake runs towards the Gym just as I come out of it. He once again arrives breathing heavily.

"Um..." I started, giving Jake a moment to calm down.

"Okay! I just wanted to give you something before I challenge the gym. Just gimme your phone." I give it to him and he apparently downloaded an app. "This app is called a Recreational Teleportation Device, or RTD for short. It's supposed to teleport you to places where you can interact with other trainers. You know, the really strong ones."

"I...see," I respond slowly. "Then why is it that you were gone for so long when all you had to do was download it?"

"It is available to trainers only. Apparently, with Eclipse at large, the Administration wants confirmation we are genuine trainers before they disclose to us the steps to download the app." Jake explained. "Anyway, I'm gonna challenge the gym now. Wish me luck!"

I did so and he disappeared into the club. I proceeded to bring my Pokemon to the Pokemon Center and got them healed. Then I went to Route 4 and 5.

Route 4 was short while Route 5 was where the savanna started. The route, as far as I could see, was dry and humid. A large stone structure apparently meant to symbolize Pride Rock was off to the right side. A couple of Pokemon hop about, minding their own business.

"Hey, you there!"

I turn around in the direction of the voice. It was a guy and he was running towards me.

"You look like you could use a run to get across this route faster. Here, I have an extra pair of running shoes." He gives me said shoes, and I slip them on. "These, they'll allow you to travel around faster! At least, until you teach your Pokemon Fly. See ya, I'm about to beat my record." He ran ahead, only to trip and get caught in a net trap a few seconds later. A "not again!" resonated through the air as he teleported away.

I wonder where that guy is now. And what he meant by "not again".

Going through the route, I managed to get my Pokemon strong enough to face the second gym. Soon enough, I reach the gate to apparently Brimber City. Then I hear Jake calling to me again.

He demanded another battle, which was a little harder since his Eevee was stronger, accompanied with a Blitzle and a male Nidoran. He still lost, to which he sheepishly laughed it off.

We step through the gate to Brimber City. It was a small city, but the fire theme was definitely there. A campfire is placed on the left, as well as two gates that are on opposite ends. A large volcano stands in the back. The houses and the Pokemon Center were all built with wood planks in a distinct style.

In front of the Pokemon Center was a man who looked awfully tired. Jake noticed him and ran over.

"Hey, you're Mr. Sebastian, right? Are you okay?" He asked as I followed up behind him. Sebastian looks at us and props himself up straighter.

"Yeah, I'm alright. What do you need, kid?" He asked. Jake looks at me then back at him.

"We were wondering if we could challenge the gym." He requested. Sebastian immediately shakes his head.

"I'm sorry, but you currently cannot challenge the gym," He denied. Jake looked mortified.

"Why not?" He asked.

"A group called Team Eclipse raided the gym earlier, stealing an ancient artifact from it. Until we recover the artifact, we cannot open the gym."

"Team Eclipse again," Jake muttered. "First they steal your necklace, now they've stolen an artifact...what'd they steal, anyway?"