Ch. 3 - Goodbye Oreos

Heyy guys! What do you think about my book so far? What do you like and what do you hate the most? I would really appreciate your answer. ♡

ANNIE'S POV

The thing with oreos is that are widely known and loved. So who am I to stop a little kid from attacking me in order to steal my oreos?

The little boy keeps crying and screaming "Mum! I swear I'm going to die from starvation!" The little boy says pounding his little fists on his mother's back as she holds tight to prevent him from escaping her grip.

"I'm going to get you something to eat honey. Don't worry." His mother whispers smoothingly but loud enough for us to hear as gives us an awkward smile and a nod with her head.

"Mum! No!" He screams once again making a flash of guilt and sadness run through my veins as I look down at the bag of oreos in my hands.

"Alexander if yo-" His mum begins to say but I politely cut her off in order to stop this before it gets unbearable for the little boy's mother.

"Here take them. I'm not as hungry as you seem to be." I say taking a few step towards them and holding the bag close to the little boy.

"Thank you!" He exclaims sounding excited and grasps the bag off of my hands.
A sound of relief escapes from the lips of his mother as she lets the little boy back to his foot and mouths a grateful 'thank you' to me.

I know what you're wondering.. How did we encounter the little kid in the middle of the night. Well Jason likes to park his car close to a playground so you get why and how.. Everything else escalated pretty quick.

It's like everytime I encounter Jason something uncomfortable happens. Maybe I'm the one making things uncomfortable but his presence always makes me nervous.

I then turn to look at Jason and before I get the chance to tell him that I'm gotta get going he speaks.

"We're out of cookies." He states the obvious and offers me an almost sad smile as he stares right through my eyes incurring me to look down.

What is he thinking? Maybe that's my cue to go. I've already been a burden to him for over an hour.

"Yeah. I wasn't really hungry anyways. I'd better go home now." I say glancing at him every once in a while as I speak to see his reaction. He probably feels relieved.

"Okay. Let me take you." He nods towards his car opening the passenger's door for me while I try to find an excuse to go home alone.

"Well.. Uhm. My house is only a few meters away from here. Thank you." I mutter and offer him a quick smile turning to walk in the opposite direction.

"Okay then." I hear him say as I hear the door close and then loud footsteps before he's already standing next to me as I try not to instinctively move further away from him.

"I'll walk you home." He continues as I nod looking at the ground to prevent any more awkwardness.

"So.. Annie. Tell me something." He blurts out a few moments later.

"Sure." I answer without any thought before giving him a glance and returning to look back at the ground.

"Why would you hang out with a douchebag like Ryan?" He asks thoughtfully and I gulp.

------------------------------------------------
Almost half a year ago at the school's party

"Annie.. Jason's here." Katya informs me and I do the first thing that comes to my mind, turn my back at the direction that Katya's looking and where Jason probably is.

"What are you doing?" Katya asks eyeing me suspiciously before turning her attention to where she was looking behind my back.

"Hiding." I whisper pulling the sleeves of my hoodie in order to cover my palms. A bad habit of mine for when I'm feeling self-conscious.

"He already saw your face, silly!" Katya exclaims quiet loudly making my eyes bulge out of its socket afraid that he heard her.

"Can't you speak a little less loud?" I mutter angrily to her as a pout appears to my face after noticing the look she's giving me. I always pout around Katya. No lie.

"He's gone." Katya states disappointedly and I take that as my cue to look back where Jason was.

Great! He's still there! Katya tricked me again.

Our eyes meet and once again we just stay there looking at each other with no sign of smile in our faces but just the intensity of our stares.

I unconsciously scan his body to check out what he's wearing and to my surprise he's wearing a black leather Jacket with black jeans and a white shirt. But when my eyes fall to his shoes a smile forms on my face as I recognise his old sporty ones. Creepy? I know..

I look back at his eyes noticing that he caught me smiling while staring at his shoes. Yeah, Annie. Not weird at all.
But all he does is offer me a cheeky smile.

He smiled at me! I can't believe it. Is it even possible?

"Annie come on baby. Let's go." Ryan says from behind me making me jump.

"What? No." I say confused furrowing my eyebrows. Why would he call me 'baby'? We're not together anymore. I even doubt if we really were 'together' two weeks ago.

"Why not?" Ryan asks me offering me one of his forced smiles. Yeah.. how generous.

"I am having a good time here." I commend tagging at the end of my sleeves again.

"Looking at Jason? Well the fun will be over when his girlfriend comes. Right Katya?" Ryan says catching my attention as I turn to look him in the eyes.

Dave Franco aka Ryan

"What girlfriend?" Kat and I exclaim at the same time and Ryan turns to glare at Katya

"Oh yeah. I forgot." Katya mutters turning to look at me with a sad smile as I feel a knot building up in my stomach.

"Uhm yeah. His girlfriend." I say nodding even though I know Ryan's probably lying as I give a last glance at Jason who's not looking at my direction because he's preoccupied with his radio and start walking towards the gates of my school with my head hanging low as always.

Of course I know they're lying about it now but one thing I totally forget everytime he looks at me is that he already has a girlfriend. I mean he probably has. He has to have. He's just that gorgeous!

"It's for the best." Ryan commends sounding happy but all I can do is nod and fasten my pace as I hear a beautiful song playing from Jason's radio.

She just wants to be beautiful

She goes unnoticed, she knows no limits..

----------------------------------------

"Uhm,Well.."