Ch. 5- Insecurities

Hi guys!! Don't forget to vote for every chapter if you like it! It would mean everything to me. This chapter is just a filler pn the story but please let me know if you like it!

ANNIE'S POV

"Annie, bunny! The weird boy is looking at you again!" My sister exclaims loudly.

"Silia! Shhh!" I whisper loud enough for her only to hear. Oh God. Tell me he didn't hear her!

"Why? You taught me to speak loudly in case a weird stranger is looking at us!" She giggles showing me her toothy grin which makes me melt everytime. Like for real.

"He's not a stranger he goes to my school." I sigh patting her head lightly as I finish off her art assignment.

"Well he's weird. He's been looking at you from down the street this whole time." She whispers placing her little hand in the edge of her mouth to prevent her words from being heard through out the whole neighboorhood. "Who looks at a person's balcony from down the street?" She continues thoughtfully placing her other hand in her chin as she turns to look at him again.

I tild my head in order to catch a glimpse of where he's standing. When he notices I caught him looking at my direction he quickly turns his head in the other direction and almost hits his head on the street light.

My eyes bulge out of their sockets as I quickly scrutinize his face for any sign of bruise or blood. Thankfully there's none.

-----------------------

"Annie. Have you eaten today?" Katya asks as we sit down on our assigned seats for Chemistry.

"Yeah." I quickly answer avoiding eye contact.

"What did you have for breakfast?" She continues her daily check as I bite my lip hard trying to remain calm.

"Look. You don't have to be my mum." I commend resting my face on my palm as I stare blankly at the board ahead of me.

"Annie for God's sake answer the question." Katya commands but in a quite calm tone which gets on my nerves

"Katya. Leave me alone!" I shout losing my temper as I place my head on my desk and cover it with my hands.

A moment of silence passes by on class and I take that as a sign to get a glimpse at the people in my class through my hands that cover my eyes.

Great. They are all looking at me.

I grab my bag and stand up making my way towards the door when I make contact with another hard surface. I don't dare to look up but lightly push against their chest in order to have a way out of class.

A warm hand encircles my wrist and I stop dead on my tracks. I look at the ground trying to control my breathing.

"I heard we are learning more about carbon reaction's today." Jason says leading me all the way in again and then gesture me to sit next to him. I silently comply and sit on his partner's assigned seat.

"I'm sure Drake won't mind." He commends immediatly as he takes his books out of his bag.

"The thing is.. why don't you?" I ask as I tilt my head to stare at his eyes fighting back the blush.

"Why would I mind sitting with the cutest nerd in class?" He asks faking a thougthfull frown as I place my hands on my cheeks to cover the blush. Not again please!

Why is he lying so much to make me feel better? He doesn't have to!

"So class!" Mr. Shelman says clapping his hands to catch everyone's attention.

"Today we're disc-" The loud bang on the door interrupts his speech as we all focus on the door.

We hear a couple of profanities before the door opens with a loud squeak.

"Someone has to fix this damn door!" The late student aka Ryan says sighing.

"Ryan.. It's not April Fool's. Why are you here?" Mr Shelman asks with sarcasm dripping from his words.

"I thought I should come by and check how everyone's doing. You sir are on climacteric?" He asks leaning on the door casually incurring a gasp to escape my lips.

Almost immediatly the class turns to look at me and some of them give me a disapproving look. I know I shouldn't have let that gasp out but it slipped my lips without my permission.

"Guys I think you're looking this way at the wrong person. Don't you think?" Jason intrudes making some of them roll their eyes and finally turn their backs on me again.

Jason places his hand on my back bringing me closer to him as Ryan passes by my seat without Mr. Shelman's permission and settles on my seat next to Katya.

"You may go on." Ryan commands sending daggers towards my direction and I squirm even closer to Jason.

"Ryan all I have to say is detention after school." Mr Shelman scratches the back of his neck frustrated. The poor man. "Let's go on then."

----------------------

"Do you want me to get you home? I have my car in the parking lot." Jason asks the time we step foot out of school.

"No thanks. I'm okay on foot." I kindly decline his offer even though I would totally enjoy his company. But the least thing I want is my crush's pity.

"I insist. It's going to rain Annie." He continues but a voice interrupts me.

"She's coming with me." Ryan intervenes once again making my stomach form into a know. Everytime he speaks I can't help but get angry.

"No I'm not." I state turning to look at Ryan.

"Do you want me to tell Jason about your pity party?" Jason threatens coming closer with his eyes glued on my own. I gulp and my grip on the books I'm currently holding tightens as I shake my head.

"I don't care about any pity party. It's going to rain,Annie. Let's go." Jason says scrutinizing my face for any reaction but I show none.

"I think Ryan's right. Sorry Jason." I immediatly regret the words that come out of my mouth the moment I say them but I know it's for the best. I start walking towards Ryan as I try to fight the pout from making its way on my face and revealing my true feelings.

"Pity party and bullshit. You know Annie I won't never change my opinion about you so easily. " Jason mutters loudly as I hear his footsteps more distant now indicating me he's leaving.