The Date

Chapter Two
I've just been released from the hospital. Kyle took me home along with all of the gifts and such that laid in the room with me. I got home at 12 'o' clock and shower immediately, then I feed Major. Finally I start getting ready with this said date with a guy named Vic that I know nothing about. At 1:45 when I'm finished getting ready I text Vic my address. And I ask "casual or fancy?"

"Fancy." He replies. "I'll be there in 15."

So I slip into a nice dress that's just above my knee. It's a black silk pencil dress. It shows my thin arms and exposes my bony olive colored back. I have my 3 feet of black hair straightened and parted to the left and let it hang down my back. The dark mascara and liquid eye liner I put on, out lines my bright emerald green eyes. The contour videos I always watch help me outline my cheek bones and clef chin. My small height of 5'2 fits well into a pair of high heals.

Someone knocks on the door. I come down the stairs as quickly as possible to get to the door. I open it to see a guy who looks familiar. "Let me grab my purse and we can go." I walk from the door to the island in the kitchen to grab my purse and phone, while Vic stands at the door looking handsome. Vic wore dark skinny jeans and a white button down with the sleeve rolled up to his elbows and a black tie hanging to his stomach. Along with black vans. His outfits is simple but elegant.

As I close the door behind me Vic leads the was to his Dodge Charger, that is parked in from of my house on the curb. He grabs my hand and leads me to the passenger side door. He opens the door for me, then gentle shuts it as I get in, he then walks around to the driver side.

When he starts the car, Pierce The Veil is plastic through the speakers...what song is this? I ask myself thinking hard. One Hundred Sleepless Nights! That's it.

"You like Pierce The Veil?" I ask looking at him.

"Yeah, you could say that." He smirks at me.

I smile at him, "I know we met at he gym but..I've seen you before that." I say trying to connect the dots.

"I know where you have seen me." Vic says with a laugh, still looking at the road.

"Where!" I demand.

Vic turns the radio up, and looks at me to ask: "who sings this?"

"It's Pierce The Veil." I say sounding impatient.

"Yes...now Kahalony, what is my name?" He grins not taking his eyes off the road.

"Your name? It's Vic." I turn to look at him and my eyes widen. "OH MY GOD. Vic Fuentes!"

"It took you long enough!" He chuckles.

I continue looking at him and I can't stop smiling. I'm about to go on a date with THE Vic Fuentes. Holy Cow. TAKE A BREATH. BREATHE!

"You alright over there, love?" He asks looking at me with gentle eyes. I smile at him.

"Never better!" I smile widely. "Where are you taking me?"

"And Italian restaurant, called Juniper & Ivy." He takes his eyes from the road for a second to look at me and smile then returns to the road. "It's really lovely, just like you."

I blush. "You don't look too bad yourself, Mr. Fuentes." I laugh. "I can't believe I didn't recognize you."

"I do change a lot." Vic laughs. "So Mrs. Kahalony, how much older am I than you?"

"You're 34...correct?" Vic shakes his head yes. "You're 10 years older than me." I say shyly.

"24 yeah?" He asks. As I shake my head yes, we pull into a parking space. And walk to the front doors. Vic letting me out of the car like he put me in.

The hostess asks: "do you have reservations?"

Vic replies sharply, "2 for Fuentes. That's F-U-E-N-T-E-S." he spells out. She scans through the list and nods her head.

"This way please." We follow her, and Vic takes my hand. The lady dressed in a red skin tight dress has Hispanic features and long shiny hair. "A server will be right with you." She leads us to a booth, where Vic lets go if my hand and sits opposite of me.

"Get anything you like, the owner and I go way back." Vic smiles.

"So what's with me? I'm different than most girls you go out with. What's different?" I ask him hoping I don't sound weird.

"You're beautiful, and from what I can tell you are smart. Plus, I need a change."

"Well thank you. I'm quite glad that I'm the chosen one."

Vic squeals into a fit of laughter. What did I say? Is there something in my teeth? Dammit Kahalony don't ruin this date. "What's funny?" I ask shyly.

"The way you said 'chosen one', you put an English accent to it. That's hysterical."

I laugh with him, but I'm not understanding the amusement. This is how I talk, sometimes my not-so-perfect Czech accent sounds English(British).
Our waitress comes and asks what we would like to drink. "I'll have a Miller Lite Ultra, short, draft. And for the lady, some wine." He answers.

"What type of wine would you like Miss?"

"Some White Zinfandel please?"

"I'll be right back with that." She says walking away.

"Zinfandel, hmm...Fancy. I like it." He says softly with a flick of his eyebrow. I smile at him.

After we get our drinks we order. Vic orders a steak with a potato on the side. I order a Santa Fe salad.

"Salad huh... are you a vegetarian?" Vic nods knowingly.

"Actually a pescatarian. Only fish meat. I reply.

"So now I gotta deal with two food freaks." He laughs. I knew exactly what he was talking about. Tony is a vegetarian, and I caught the reference.

"Oh poor you!" I laugh at him, and take a sip of my wine. I smile to the taste.

Vic laughs "yeah." As we're eating, Vic picks up conversation again. "Wanna play a game?"

"What kind of game?" I ask wondering what he has in mind.

"21 questions. So I can get to know you, and vise versa." He says. I'll play along, though I know a bunch about him.

"I'd love to. What's your favorite color Vic."

"Green. What's your biggest fear?"

"Frankly I fear oblivion. What's your favorite movie?"

"Coralline. What's your favorite song?" He asks

"Dive In" I hesitantly answer. Vic instantly smiles.

"I appreciate that. How long have you been listening to Pierce The Veil?"

"Basically when Collide With The Sky came out."

"That's awhile ago...and you still listen?"

"Of course. You guys saved my life." I say while putting some salad in my mouth.

"Explain to me, how 'us guys' saved your life."

I briefly look at Vic before turning to look around. "It's a long story, but basically I almost died, and my friends told me to listen to another band and that lead me you you. You cheered me up when I was down."

"That's lovely." He smiles grabbing my hand from across the table. "You can trust me." I nod with his statement.

Could I? He's a rockstar. I'm sure he will be off on tour again soon. Leaving me behind here in San Diego.
*************************************************
Author's Note : I'm super excited to be sharing this book with you. Like I've said before I've pre written 8 chapters, and that was 2. I hope you are enjoying it so far. Please like and rate the story!
Thanks
Violet~