A sharp knife

The knife was sharp, almost never used. It had been a gift from my friend, who had intended for it to be used for cutting meat. It would cut meat, just a different kind, I suppose. It was cold, as all knives should be, and there was a speck of dried blood on it. I wiped it off on my shirt and stepped closer to the woman. I swore silently as I stepped in broken glass from a beer bottle, the noise startling in the silence of the night, and the pain sharp and sudden. The woman's' eyes flew open, but before she could shriek, I swiftly placed my hand on her mouth, muffling her scream. Tears filled her blue eyes, but I felt no remorse when I brought out the knife and slit her throat. I was glad I was wearing gloves, albeit thin, for I was sure the DNA evidence would be astounding otherwise. I wondered when I had become so cold.

"Alright, so here's the 500 bucks I owe you. I hope you didn't leave any evidence behind?" The man was short and chubby, with small round glasses and a stupid goatee. Still, he seemed to be an okay person. He was the girls friend, although I would certainly use that word loosely, seeing as he had commissioned me to murder her.
" We agreed on 500 upfront and 1000 after it was done," I replied coolly, ignoring his question. He acted as if I was a novice at my job. Unbeknownst to him, I had been doing it since I was five, and so I was pretty f*cking good at it, thank you very much. The man stung his hands.
"Well, ah,yes, but, you see, I am in a bit of a tight spot right now, you understand?" I almost laughed.
"Sir, do you really want to make an enemy out of me?" The man shook his head wildly. "Good. I expect the rest in the next month. And don't got blabbing to the police about this. If you do, you're dead, even if you're hidden by them. You don't know my name, you don't know my face, you don't know my voice. So you give me the money, and you keep our deal, kapiš? Good." With that, I turned on my heel and headed out of the warehouse where we had set up the meeting. The man was shivering with fear until I slammed the door behind me.