Chapter twenty seven

MARK'S POV 

After Hae Ra left to check on Taeyong hyung, Jinyoung hyung also stood up and followed her. It was only Yeri and I in the room and gladly she didn't say anything and concentrated on the movie.

Pretty soon I got bored and decided to eat those snacks which eomma made.

"Where are you going?" Taeyong hyung asked me down the stairs. "I want some snacks."

"Ani. Don't go to the kitchen. Hae Ra and Jinyoung hyung are there. Finally they decided to behave like adults and solve the misunderstanding between them." I simply nodded. He was grinning ear to ear. Will hyung be this happy if Hae Ra ends up with me? I wonder.

I hid myself behind the wall and peeked inside. Only one thing was on my mind. I should have listened to hyung and not come here.

They both were kissing. My breath hitched as I stepped back. I blinked back my tears and stood their witnessing the whole thing. How badly I wanted to turn around and forget about it.

The scene in front was too much for me. They both looked happy. The way they touched each other. The way they looked into each other's eyes.

That moment I realised something. I can never take Jinyoung hyung's place in her heart. I can never make her smile like that.

Having seen enough I turned around and left the place. But I heard him.

"Please come back to me."

I fasten my steps to my room and shut the door behind me. Sliding against the door, I hugged my knees. I cried my heart out. My cries filled the dark room.

One of my friends back in Canada told me. "First love isn't meant to be with you forever."

After moments of loud sobs I furiously wiped my tears with the back of my hand.

"I want to see Hae Ra happy. If Jinyoung hyung is her happiness then I'm ready to let her go. I can't hold her back just because I can't control my feelings for her." I said out loud to myself.

"I love you Hae Ra."

MEERA'S POV

"Butterscotch!" I said to Taeil. Although he is older than me I don't call him oppa.

"Here is your cone." He handed me my butterscotch cone. "Mm~" Indeed butterscotch cone is the best.

"Lets go." We were walking back to my place.

"Taeyong really likes you. Just listen to him." I wanted to give him a glare but his pleading eyes stopped me.

"Please." He continued. I looked away, not wanting to ruin my ice cream time with him. I licked my ice cream and enjoyed. No wonder its my mother's favourite ice cream.

We silently walked. It was comfortable and soothing. From time to time my eyes darted towards his vanilla honey cone.

"You want to taste it?" He brought his ice cream in front of my face and smiled. I nodded innocently and went forward to take a bite. But before I could do so he pulled his hand back.

"Taeil~~" I whined while he gave me a funny look and chuckled.

"Okay. Have it." He again brought his ice cream forward. I leaned in again with a speed with so that he doesn't have any time to pull back.

But being me, I tripped over a pebble and got my face smacked against the ice cream.

"Hahahahah~" He laughed while pointing out his finger at me. "You look so funny."

It was so embaressing. Out of habit I shoved my ice cream on his face. His laughter died and eyes widened. Now my laughter replaced his.

"Pwahaha." I held my stomach and laughed. "Yah! You!" He shouted.

"Ani!" I shrieked and ran for my life with a funny looking Taeil following me. I was about to reach home but he pulled me back. His arms encircled around my waist as he panted.

"Got you." He said in a hoarse voice. We both stayed like that to catch our breaths.

"I guess I'm not needed."

We turned our heads to see Taeyong sitting on the porch. He stood up and went inside.

"Tae-" Taeil called out for him but I stopped him. He looked at me with a worried expression. "Don't worry. I'll talk to him."

He nodded and went back to his place. I entered the house and saw Jinyoung and Hae Ra coming out of the kitchen.

"Thank you for today. I should get going." Jinyoung said and I smiled.

"I'll see him off." Hae Ra said. I didn't care much and went to check on Mark, if he has eaten or not. He reminds me of my brother back in India. They even share their birthday.

I knocked on his door. No response. "Mark?" He was standing next to the window. I peeked over his shoulder to see Hae Ra and Jinyoung talking next to his car. He is probably jealous.

I held his shoulder. "Mark." He looked at me and then averted his gaze. "Oh noona. When did you come? Mian. I didn't notice." He went to sit on his bed.

I sat a little farther and held his shoulders to place his head on my lap. My thighs are softer than a cushion so people find it comfortable to sleep on my lap.

I gently caressed his hair and massaged his temples. "Feeling better?" He hummed in response.

"Thank you noona." He said in a raspy voice and drifted off to his dreamland in no time. I carefully switched my lap with a pillow and tucked him in.

"Goodnight." I whispered and left the room.

I entered my room and found Taeyong on my bed. "Don't judge me I-"

"You had a nightmare?" I remember the first time he came to sleep with me. He looked away and and rubbed his nape. "Gwenchana." I said and went to change my clothes.

By the time I came he was sleeping peacefully. I went under the blanket and hugged him from the back.

"Goodnight Jack Frost."

He turned around and took me in his embrace. He lifted my chin up to look at him.

"Trust me. I didn-"

"Saranghae." I cut him off and took him my surprise. To surprise him more I pecked his lips.

"Nado saranghae." With that he dropped his lips on mine.

_________________
A/N: I was supposed to update this yesterday. But somehow it got deleted. Instead of studying i was updating and wattpad dltd it!

It took me a lot of courage to re-write it. Hope you liked it.

Do vote and comment.:))

With whom should Hae Ra end up with?

Mark or Jinyoung?

I still havent decided that. Its your call…! let me know:))