22. That Guy I Work With pt. 2

Levi's Point of View

"Hello?" 

"Hi, it's Levi from the restaurant, is this Heath?" 

"Oh, yes, hi Levi"

"Hi, I'm calling to let you know we've decided to hire you as our dishwasher, if you're still interested" 

"Really?! Yes, I'd be happy to work with you!"

"Great, you can start this Saturday at 6.30am." 

"Thank you, Levi. I'll make sure to be on time" 

***

Five days later

I entered the restaurant, it was still dark outside, the sun hadn't even risen yet. It was 6.20 and I was on open-duty every Saturday. Frank arrives at 10am and Alissa arrives at 8am. It takes me an hour to open up and get things ready, I usually open up with Jeff, but from today it's with Heath, which is nothing for me to complain about. I turned on the radio and walked into the office, I put my jacket and keys into my locker. Heath's white T-shirt was still hanging on my locker, it was dry now, so I pulled it down and folded it, putting it in my locker. As I walked out of the office, I began turning on the lights and slowly began taking down the chairs from the tables. 

I would rather be on open-duty than closing-duty. I hate staying till' late. I'm a morning person, I've tried switching shifts with Tommy on Sundays, where I close up and he opens, but we've never made it work, and lately he's been harder to speak to, more than usual.

I wasn't even half done with the chairs when Heath arrived. It was slightly chill outside so he was wearing a thin jacket, he smiled when he saw me. 

"Hi, Levi!"

"Oh hey, Heath, come in" I smiled. He entered the restaurant and began unzipping his jacket, I stopped what I was doing and walked towards the office, knowing he was following me.

"We don't really have a spare locker but-" I cut myself off as I turned around to see he was still wearing my shirt. It was just as tight on him as before, but he looked hot in it, you could see his muscles tensing from every movement. "-is that my shirt?"

"Oh... Yes, I hope you don't mind, I though maybe we could switch back, if you still have mine" He asked raising a brow and smiling.

"Uhm yes, no of course I don't mind. Your shirt is here, do you want it now?" I asked, he nodded simply and I reached into my locker and grabbed his shirt, passing it to him. "Here you go." I smiled.

"Thanks" He took off my shirt, with effort, since it was so tight. I found myself staring at his abs, so I decided to talk, to make it less awkward.

"But, anyway, as I was saying, you can just use my locker so far. If you want." I said.

He smiled, "great, thanks." He gave me my shirt, and put on his own. "Thanks for letting me borrow your shirt." He said as he put his jacket in my locker.

"No problem. Alright, shall we get started?" I asked, and he nodded. I led him behind the counter and into the kitchen. It was clean, for now. 

"Alright, so here is the washing machine, the cups, glasses, mugs etc. goes here-" I pointed inside the huge machine, "The cutlery goes into this small one, and the plates and other flat objects go here. Alright?" I asked, making sure he understood. "Then we move here to the things that are not allowed into the machine, and thats the fine china and the fragile wine glasses, so you have to wash them with your hands, but please for gods sake, don't forget cleaning gloves, you might cut yourself. The mop and other cleaning supplies are behind the door, you will need that for close up, or if something gets spilled in here, so whenever it's needed, beside before close up. Any questions?" I asked. He shook his head. "Good, now, follow me, so I can show you your schedule." I led him back into the office, I sat down in Franks big chair and grabbed Heath's schedule from under the table.