Matvey Lobachevsky wip

Name: Matvey Lobachevsky

Age: biologically 96, appears 20-25

Gender: male

Birthplace: Saint Petersburg, Russia ; June 11 1920

Species: human

Sexuality: heterosexual

Occupation: An underage bartender at an Underage bar (a speakeasy, if you will). He once wanted to become a policeman, but now aspires to be either a male ballerina or a makeup artist. His choices grow plenty.

*Ability: Immortality

- Matvey was unable to age once he reached twenty-two years old.

- He is immune to death by diseases, toxins, or drugs. However, he is still able to fully feel their non-fatal effects.

- Wounds, even crippling or near-fatal ones, regenerate over time. The more drastic the injury, the longer it takes to heal. [i.e. spinal injury took three years to heal.] He can still feel pain.

- Although he is biologically immortal, his mental state remains mortal and able to be manipulated.

- His immortality may be removed if science figures out how to do so.

- Time manipulating abilities can erase his existence, if not by killing him directly.

Personality:

Voice:

[the closest thing I could find to Russia from Hetalia]

Matvey does not like his voice. He feels that it is high pitched and not very intimidating. In order to combat this insecurity, he often tries to deepen his voice when he is either trying to impress or frighten someone. Most of the time, it does not work, despite how seriously Matvey may be speaking.

Appearance:

Matvey has a long face, angled slightly at the jawline and squaring off at the forehead

Matvey has a long face, angled slightly at the jawline and squaring off at the forehead. His short hair is dark and roughly shaven. Stubble dots his chin. Matvey's brows are thick, dipping close to the puffy eyelids of his blue eyes. His nose is straight and pointed, but wide at the nostrils. His skin is pale, and smooth except for at his joints, hands and feet. He is so pallid that his veins are easily visible through the skin at certain times.

Matvey stands at 5 feet 10 inches (177.2 cm) and weighs approximately 170 lbs (77.1 kg). He is at a rather healthy body mass for his height and age. Although his limbs are long and lean, Matvey's abdomen is short and rectangular. Compared to other men, he does not seem to have a lot of muscle in his arms, most of it instead settling in his legs. However, Matvey is much stronger than he looks. His neck is oddly long, and his Adam's apple is frighteningly prominent.

Having been 19 when World War II began, Matvey was drafted to fight in the war during September 1939. He was shot many, many times, but was unable to die due to his ability*. Many USSR soldiers remained untrained for most of the war, Matvey included, but as time passed he began to develop a few skills needed for effectiveness during battle.

Matvey fought in WW2 until 1942 when he was so wounded in the Battle of Stalingrad that he was unable to walk for years afterward. He has a large scar near the bottom of his spine where a bullet fractured his spinal cord, rendering his legs paralyzed until his body could regenerate the nerves*. He was found face-down on the battlefield, arms covering his head. Matvey was in a wheelchair from 1943 to 1946. Many other scars litter Matvey's body, including crossing scars over his arms and larger ones over his ribs.

It being rather cold in Russia compared to the United States, Matvey has adapted his fashion focus to furred collars and linings to keep warm. He usually wears woolen green coats and thick socks and pants, out of habit if nothing else. Other than that, Matvey dresses rather casually most of the time.

History:

Matvey Lobachevsky was born In St. Petersburg, Russia on June 11 1920, to Valentin and Anna Lobachevsky. Although Matvey was not yet old enough to remember any strifes of the Russian Revolution, his parents relayed to him constantly the history of their country. When the USSR was formally recognized in February of 1924, Matvey's life in totalitarianism began.

He was raised to be loyal to the government and obedient to any laws put in place. This ideology continued within him through World War II, causing him to go willingly into a war that millions of soldiers would not survive. However, as the casualties of war piled up, Matvey began to doubt this system of governing. In modern times, Matvey sometimes considers whether he was lucky or not to be born unable to die in battle. Other times, he wishes he wasn't.

When Valentin and Anna died before Matvey could return from war, Matvey's mindset was altered. No longer did he have any doubts about his obedience; what was there to defy when you had nothing left? He became somewhat of a robot, or at least as stiff and silent as one, and conversed only about which was mandatory for the war effort. His remaining friends tried to draw closer, realizing Matvey's internal struggle, but were pushed away by Matvey's numbed outer edge.

Matvey fought in WW2 until 1942 when he was so wounded in the Battle of Stalingrad that he was unable to walk for years afterward. He has a large scar near the bottom of his spine where a bullet fractured his spinal cord, rendering his legs paralyzed until his body could regenerate the nerves*. He was found face-down on the battlefield, arms covering his head. Matvey was in a wheelchair from 1943 to 1946.

When WW2 officially ended in 1945, Matvey's friends threw a party, inviting the former soldier for a drink as well. Matvey declined, until the party was brought to his house, and he didn't have much of a choice left.

Now, it is 2017, and Matvey is trying his hardest to forget those he was forced to leave behind in Russia, and instead make a life of his own in the United States.

Abilities:

Skills:

Weaknesses:

Likes:

Dislikes:

Fears:

Family/Friends: