The Light Witch » Mariam Joon

" Jealousy is the cousin of greed. We seem to focus on what we want, and lose sight of what we really need. "

---

Name: Mariam Joon

Name: Mariam Joon

Age: 23

Gender: Female

Species: Light Witch

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Birthplace: Larkana, Pakistan

Current Home: Larkana, Pakistan

Personality:

"To be content with little is difficult; to be content with much, impossible."

― Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

"You call me selfish. I call myself smart."

Mariam is what you would call materialistic. She is selfish, greedy; always has her paws on something gold, always has her fingers dipped in someone else's property. Call it nosy, but there doesn't seem to be a single ounce of neighborhood gossip that Mariam isn't aware of-- especially when it concerns other's finances, and her own. She seems to have some sort of mental compass for people who are wishing bad upon her, and deals with the problem in one of two ways: (1) stick her nose up and ignore the bad juju being sent her way, or (2) deal with it personally. Although many who are as arrogant as she are usually cowards, Mariam has learned through trial and error that letting life solve your problems for you isn't the way to go.

Although extroverted, Mariam chooses to focus on her own inner world instead of the outside world. Her desires are of utmost importance, and that which comes after are often deemed unnecessary. The difficulty in prying Mariam from your life usually isn't because she is attached to you in any way, but because of the parasitic hold she may have on your finances. Once Mariam has dipped her fingers into your bank account, you may as well kiss your credit card goodbye. There is not a single thing on this earth that Mariam would not do for money-- and a lot of the time, these kinds of people don't realize their mistake until the very end.

She likes to believe that any new outside information must first go through her examination for it to be deemed as fact. Even if another person has already proven the theory, Mariam thinks that her knowledge is above all others, and that not many (if at all) can compete with her intelligence. In reality, although good with business logic, most politics, and other numbers, Mariam is more than clueless when it comes to anything else. Sewing? The Sciences? Art? It's all Greek to her, if not hieroglyphics or something else.