New world

I lay in my dark room, almost completely forgotten by the world. If only I was entirely forgotten. There is only one person who knows me. There's only one person who cares about me, if only it was in a loving way. Sadly, I'm just seen as a solution to a world full of problems. I create an easy way out of trouble, at least for one person.

I have nothing to live for. In fact I only live for that one person now. They insist on me eating and training, even a little sleeping, but not enough to give me the energy I need for this task. Maybe I will grow up a tolerance for almost no sleep, and be able to function just fine, like my master.

Master... that word echoes through my head, tormenting me. He's who I live for. He makes me better. He gives me purpose.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A slap stings my cheek. My eyes fly open to see my nightmares, only now I can't escape by waking. I am awake.

His haunting grey eyes search my blue ones. They look like stone, reminding me , he has no emotion and is like a rock. Unbreakable.

"Get up," he growls. I obey. For I am his soldier and that's all I'll ever be. I know that now, after three years of being trapped with a devil in hell. I now know, there is no escape.

  "You have a job," he states walking away and I follow. He walks to his computer, which I'm not allowed to touch. At least not without him there with his special codes and passwords.

  He sits at his chair and turns to the screen, not giving me a second glance." You have a hit tonight," he drags up a document of a man. He man on the screen has dark black hair slicked back, soft blue eyes, and is pretty buff, but more than likely that won't be a problem. The muscles as probably just gym muscles, not fighting. He wears an expensive suit, meaning he has money as well.

   "This is Bruce Wayne or otherwise known as ' Batman' ," master states. I remember everything about him, especially how he never saved me or my parents. He was even there, just sitting in the crowd watching. What hero watches as innocent people die. Oh yeah, selfish ones who are too worried about revealing there identities, which is all of them.

  "You will need to wear a nice suit, so go in like a guest. He is hosting a charity banquet at Wayne Manor tonight. You will go in under the name Nathan Pawn."

  I nod my head as my master flicks his wrist, signaling for me to leave. I walk down the cold stone hallway. At the end of it sits my almost empty room. All I have is a closet, a bed, a dresser, and one nightstand with a lamp. I open the creaky wooden door, switching on my light switch.

  I pull the closet door open and grab my nice suit. The only real nice thing I own, or my master owns. I don't own anything.

  I slip it on and continue to make my way to the weapons. I jiggle the knob and it opens, I'm glad it wasn't locked, then I would have had to find master. I go to the wall and glance upon the weapons.

  I stash a knife in each sock and a small gun up my sleeve. I hide a few more weapons on my body, knowing they are hidden.

  Now I have to report to master, and leave.

{{{{{{LINEBREAK!!}}}}}}}

   I stand in the crowd, people buzzing around me. They all gossip, some of one another, some over completely irrelevant topics. Tonight they will have something new to gossip about. Bruce Wayne's death.

    Bruce Wayne makes his grand entrance down his grand stairs, as a reminder of how wealthy he is. At least he has a pretty scenery for his last moments. People surround him, pestering him with questions. He answers only a few, most about his business, and maybe not one personal.

   "Hey," someone greets, dragging me out of my thoughts. A girl with fiery red hair and green eyes stands in front of me." I don't know you," she states.

   My mind goes blank, then finally I find my answer." My apologies, I'm Nathan Pawn." I hold out my hand. She smiles shaking it.

   "Barbara Gordon." Gordon? As in Commissioner Gordon? Too bad she seemed so pleasant! I wish this didn't have to go down.

   I yank you my knife, pulling it close to her throat." I'm sorry, but I have my job."

  I try to slice, but something grabs my wrist. A boy in a bright yellow suit, with a crimson red light bolt, holds my wrist. I see people scattering. People in fear of death, if only it would take me.

   "That's not very nice!" The hero scolds.

  "I don't play nice," I say swinging my leg up and hitting it into his stomach. He grunts but doesn't let go. I grab his hand, and use it to push myself onto his shoulders. He collapsed to the ground, not expecting the extra weight.

  Taking my chance, I yank out a gun, and shoot to where Bruce was just a second ago. I missed. He's gone. I missed my chance. I failed! People in costumes surround me. I can't flee.

   "Sir you are under arrest," a boy with bleach blonde hair and dark skin states.

  Yeah right. I yank out a smoke pellet. I toss it on to the ground and pull out a grappling hook. I launch myself it the roof gracefully. The heroes search, spotting me on the ceiling.

   A girl in a forest green, long dress pulls out a bow. All the people around us scream and scatter, like bugs. They cover there heads, some men helping the women. The girl fires an arrow, and I quickly drop just hardly missing it. She aims again. Wait is that Sportmaster's daughter? What was her name.......... Artemis!

   Wait is she a hero?! Oh man! I accidentally release my line too fast, so I plummet to the ground. I was too focused on Artemis and her arrows! I brace for impact.

   Instead of landing hard on the ground, a pair of bright yellow arms catch me. The boy, who I now recognize as Kid Flash, catches me and holds me tight.

  "Man you weight nothing," he exclaims running.

  I quickly yank out another knife and shove it towards his heart. He yelps and drops me. I roll back to my feet, as pretty much a bulldozer races at me.

   Superboy charges and I flip myself up into the air, using his shoulders as a spring board. He slams into the wall, growling.

Once again I am surrounded by the mini league. A Martian, an archer, a clone, an atlantian, and a speedster. I spin in a circle looking for any possible escape. I can't believe I screwed this up! Master is so going to kill me! No he will do much worse. I wish I had known the mini league was here!

Thoughts fill my mind. A dark mass swoops over me. Batman has joined the party. I immediately change my defensive stance, so it will protect better with close range. Instead of him coming at me, something pricks the back of my neck. I whip back to see Kid Flash holding a needle.

Batman takes that opportunity to slam me to the ground. Making everything go black much sooner.

A/N

It's another fanfic by me! I know you guys are probably like, why don't you just go and update an old story? Well I'm sorry, I actually started this a long time ago and just found it! I really like how it began so I ignored all my other responsibilities!! Yay! So I hope you enjoyed this story!!

XOXO

nightgirl2021

(Lane)