Ghosts

Batman's POV

I sit at my computer resting my chin in my hand. I stare at the screen and study the image.

In front of me rests a picture of Rene- Robin. His hallow eyes stare into the frame, haunting me. His eyes seem to follow me around the room with the sadness easily shining through them. His dull blue eyes show his true self. He's just a broken kid, in need of help that I don't know if I can give.

I swear to every bone in my body and to every penny in my bank account I know this kid. But how?

His matted black hair that falls into his eyes to his small stature, seems like a ghost from my past. The answer must just be staring me in the face.

I run my fingers through my hair, shaking my head. Footsteps creep down the steep stairs into the Batcave.

"Master Bruce, it is getting la-Master Bruce, why do you still hurt yourself looking at these photos. It does nothing but upset you," Alfred scolds shaking his head while setting down a tray with coffee on it.

Bruce's head shoots up and he stares at Alfred." What do you mean?"

"Sir, Richard Grayson has been declared dead for a long time now. No reason to still torment yourself." Alfred comes and rests a hand on Bruce's shoulder with sad eyes and a pitiful smile." It's time to let go, Bruce. He's gone."

I feel a huge smile take over my face. I fling my hand up onto of Alfred's as I stare at him in disbelief. Richard Grayson is not dead! He's alive, hardly but alive! I can still save him.

"Sir, you are slightly scaring me," Alfred admits, slowly attempting to draw back his hand. I hurriedly spin around my chair to face him. As I can't hide the excitement flowing through my body anymore I spring from the chair.

"Alfred, that picture was taken earlier today," I reveal, smiling. Alfred's eyes grow large as he suddenly looks at the picture again. A humble smile crosses his lips.

"Well done, Bruce."
{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}
Dick's POV
(right after his sandwich.)

I quickly put my plate in to the sink, not knowing what else to do. Did they truly just forget to lock my door or is this a test. Are they wondering if I will escape?

I push myself off the tall stool and onto the hard stone ground. My feet smack the floor, creating a loud echo.

It's sure hard to be quiet in this place. I mean it's all stone and metal, nothing to absorb or break up the sound.

Maybe I should find a hiding spot. Make them think I ran away and just hide out. I can't go back into open with Slade hunting me down!

A loud female voice suddenly calls out," Kidflash B-0-4, Artemis B-0-8, Aqualad B-0-3, Miss Martian B-0-6, Superboy B-0-5." I feel myself involuntarily jump at the voice. A bright light shoots out the doorway of a random room down one of the halls.

The brats league voice's fill the building. They all come strutting out one right after the other, as though they have no cares in the world. I duck behind the counter and start the scan the large almost empty room for an escape plan. Well not really escape but more a hiding place.

Someone comes into the kitchen and start to pull things out of the shelves making many loud noises that I have to keep from flinching at. I hear a whoosh of air and a cabinet on the other side of the kitchen open.

"Wally, I thought you said that you would wash your dishes," a sweet, calm voice calls. I can easily tell it is Miss Martian.

"That's not mine," Wally for some reason shouts, yet it sounds somewhat muffled.