Deathstroke

Batman stares at me for a moment, unsure on how to respond. I mean who can blame him. I just revealed that I trained under the world's deadliest assassin.

  "I will be right back," he states scurrying from the room before I can say anything.

I sit staring at the wall. What did I just do?! Slade is going to find out and kill me!! Oh gosh, he won't even do that! He'll do worse. I feel my heartbeat increase as my vision goes blurry. My imagination shows me what horrors wait for my return. I can't go back!

I grip the table roughly as the room starts to spin. Noise surrounds my ears, yet never makes sense of the words. All I know is that darkness takes over.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

I wake up to bright lights flickering above me. The bulb slowly comes into focus and the nausea I just woke with leaves.

"Hey are you okay," asks a sweet voice to my right. I turn to see a girl with green skin and red hair by my side, sitting with a book in her lap. The Martian.

I nod. I attempt to sit up but something makes it quite difficult. I look down to see both of my wrist handcuffed to the metal bars of the hospital bed.

  "Batman thought it was for the best," she states standing up." I should really go get him real quick." She heads for the door.

  "Wait," I whisper. She pauses and turns to look at me."Please, just give me a few more seconds without him." In honesty, Batman somewhat scares me. Although I will never ever admit it out loud.

She simply nods, and retakes her seat."I'm M'gann." She casts a smile at me.

  "Renegade."

  "Well it is very nice to meet you," she states, and her eyes drift towards the book. Too bad she is lying, I mean it can't be nice to meet me.

  "M'gann, I though I told you to come get me once he woke up," Batman says, walking into the room.

Batman walks to the counter beside me, and starts to rummage through packages. Some words fly under his breath that I can't interpret.

He spins on his heels and turns his attention back to me." M'gann, please leave. I need to have a discussion with Renegade here." She gives a little nod and takes back up her book. As she reaches the door she glances back and gives me a pitiful smile. Great.

"Renegade, I need to know more information about Deathstroke." I immediately start shaking my head 'no'. I mean I am pretty much already dead no reason to make it more painful then what it has to be.

"Renegade," Batman says. I stop shaking my head.

"I can't. I can't risk it. I know he will get his hands on me again and if I only told you that much, I might get a more gracious death."

"You are not going to die. We will keep you safe." I don't believe him. Why should he keep me safe? I'm nothing but a problem, a nuisance.

"No. I don't matter to you. I could tell you stuff then you could just sell me off. I mean I do fetch a pretty high price amongst the villain world!" I can't help but to start to ramble.

"Renegade. We are the good guys, the heroes. We don't sell people off. We protect everyone. No matter what."

"No, you just do whatever makes you look righteous."

"No, we take care of everyone. Even you," he says as he pushes himself off of his palms that helped him rest on the counter.

"You don't care about me or anyone like me. Just look at all the kids living in poverty."

"We do as much as we can."

  "Well sometimes that's not enough," I snap. His eyes never leave me, yet they don't look mad, just confused.

  "What do you mean Renegade?"

  "What do I mean," I shout shaking my hands against the cuffs." I waited years for you to come, to save me. Yet you never came to take me away from Hell!"

   "Renegade, I do all that I can and I'm sorry you had to go through that, but if you tell me information about Deathstroke I can make sure he never hurts you and anyone else ever again."

  Little tears fill my eyes, from my sudden outburst." No thanks Bruce."

A/N

  I am so sorry it took this long to get a new chapter up. It is completely my fault, and I've fallen into writers block.
  So anything you want to happen below,( besides me putting updates or quicker.. sorry).

  I love you all!!

xoxo
nightgirl2021
(Lane)