27. Misunderstanding

Tiffany and Sunny got back to their place by 9 o'clock. Tiffany, who feels really disappointed slammed herself in the sofa, turned on the tv and watched in super high volume. While the concerned Sunny sat beside her and tried to talk to the disappointed girl.

"Tiffany-ssi" Sunny said, but the latter ignored her. "I know what we saw back there, but what if it was just a misunderstanding?"

"Misunderstanding?" Tiffany raised her voice, suddenly letting out all the anger that she's feeling inside ever since they left the restaurant. "Didn't you see how she smiled? She never smiled at me after the accident!"

"But Tiffany-ssi, a smile doesn't tell everything." Sunny said, trying to calm her down.

"But a look and a fucking gesture does" she said back, Sunny's eyes widened when she heard Tiffany curse. She knows that she is super upset right now, and she knows that all she has to do is let Tiffany release all of her anger, rather than keeping it all for herself. "Didn't you see the way she looks at that fucking girl?!" she added.

Sunny nodded and decided to keep quiet to give Tiffany all the time that she needs to release her anger.

"What the hell is that girl saying to Taeyeon that made her hold her fucking hand and look at her that way?" She said again. Sunny suddenly pulled her by the wrist towards the kitchen and pushed her to sit on a chair. "Sunny what-" Tiffany was cut when Sunny walked towards the fridge to get something, it turns out to be water. She also went to get a glass before returning to Tiffany's place and poured cold water on the glass.

"You need to calm down, Tiff." Sunny said when she offered the water. "You've been very stressed even before we went to Hawaii. This is not healthy for you. Calm down, okay?" she added. Tiffany really did calmed down from Sunny's words. She's right. Too much stress might take over her whole body, and it really is unhealthy.

"Thank you, Sunny-ssi" Tiffany said after drinking a whole glass of water. "What would I do without you" she added before letting out a soft laugh. Sunny is indeed a very good friend. A friend that everybody needs.

~

Meanwhile, on the other hand, Taeyeon got home before 10 o'clock. The lights were off, but the tv is on.

"Why are you guys still awake?" Taeyeon asked after taking off her shoe and placing it on the shoe rack. She walked straight to the kitchen while waiting for one of the girl's answer.

"Why are you late?" a voice said, probably Tiffany. Taeyeon shut the fridge's door when she found what she was looking for. Fresh, cold water. She took a glass and poured some water and dranked it all at once before answering.

"I sent Juniel home"

"You were out by six, so your dinner went for four hours?" Tiffany said, Sunny looked at her and tries to stop the latter. But Tiffany is feeling too angry to be affected by Sunny's glare. Who wouldn't be angry, right?

"We talked a lot"

"Yeah, what did you talk about?" Tiffany asked sarcastically. "Was her hand soft? Was her eyes twinkling?" she added, making Taeyeon feel confused.

"What are you saying?"

"Answer me, Taeyeon." Tiffany said, she's getting angrier this time. Taeyeon walked closer to the living room where the two girls are sitting. "Was her hand soft?"

"I don't know what you're talking about"

"I'm not blind, Taeyeon" Tiffany said before standing up and went straight to her room and slammed the door shut, leaving Taeyeon all confused.

"What was that about?" She asked Sunny, who was left alone in the living room sitting in the couch while eating a whole bowl of buttered popcorn.

"Oh I'll tell you what it is about" Sunny said and pointed at the kitchen "but first, get ourselves a can of beer, will ya?" She added, and Taeyeon went to get two cans of beer, for her and Sunny.

She then sat down beside the other midget who has the bowl of popcorn placed on her stomach. They opened the can at the same time, having the usual satisfying sound that drinks in can makes when opened. The took a sip at the same time as well, and let out a satisfied sigh after. "We actually followed you to the restaurant where you meet up with Juniel"

Taeyeon looked at her from what she have said. "You were there all along?"

"Well, maybe? We left after Tiffany saw you hold Juniel's hand and stare into her eyes as if she is the only girl in the place"

"So that was why she was so upset"

"Yeah, what were you talking about anyway?"

"Juniel was actually giving me advice when we met. That time when I held her hand and looked at her directly in her eyes, she was encouraging me with her advice" Taeyeon explained "Do you know what was her advice?"

"How should I know" Sunny said before taking another sip of her cold beer, making Taeyeon roll her eyes.

"She told me that we should start over..I mean me and Tiffany. She said that I should learn how I developed my feelings with her back then, and try to apply it now." Taeyeon explained, gripping the beer can in her hand "I told her I can't do it. It is very hard. But what she told me gave me confidence."

"And that is?" Sunny said.

" Juniel told me: "Are you giving up on her? Think about it, has she ever given up on you before? Based on what you've been through?" It really got through my senses. I might not remember what really happened before, but I know thag she never gave up on me. I can really feel that we've been through a lot, but I can see that from her until now"

"Wow..." Sunny was lost for words. She didn't know what to say. If it wasn't for Juniel, Taeyeon wouldn't know what to do. It was all a misunderstanding, and Taeyeon needs to talk to Tiffany about it. "Talk to her" Sunny suggested, but Taeyeon shook her head. "why?"

"She's still upset, I'll give her more time to cool down. That way, I can talk to her better" Taeyeon said before showing a small smile, Sunny smiled back.

"I'm proud of you, Taengoo-yah." Sunny said "I know that this is hard for the both of you, I'm thankful that you're not giving up on her."

"Of course, she's my girlfriend after all."