Star Wars| Padme Amidala and Obi Wan Kenobi

Just after learning that Padme was carrying twins, Obi Wan went to her side and tried to comfort her. She didn't even know what happened on Mustafar between him and Anakin and he didn't want her to know. He had left him for dead, near to a lava river, while his body was burning. He was sure that his former friend was dead. This guy he has met 13 years ago. At that time Obi Wan was 25 and Anakin was just a little boy of 9 years old, anyone could see innocence come from him. So when the master learnt that his padawan had turn to the dark side, he felt in his heart the biggest deception of his life. He really tried to talk some sense to him but his mind was now too twisted to be changed. So he fought Anakin, they fought hard, and Obi Wan won but when he realised that he was supposed to kill him, he couldn't. How could he? He watched his friend on the ground, fighting for his life, but he couldn't do it. The words they both said were still echoing in his brain.

"You were the chosen one! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them! Bring balance to the force, not leave it in darkness!"

"I hate you!" answered Anakin, trying to pull himself away from the river. Or maybe he was just trying to get closer to his enemy to kill him, despite of his state.

"You were my brother Anakin! I loved you."

Yes he did. He loved him, like brothers between them. And that was why Kenobi couldn't kill him. Because they are family. So he preferred to leave and stay in ignorance of his survival. After that, he rejoined Padme's ship and came here, on Polis Massa. He was now watching the woman who was unconscious until her terrible confrontation with her husband who almost choked her to death. Even if she was asleep, Obi Wan could hear her crying in her heart. He even saw some tears coming out of her eyes. Finally, she woke up. She looked at the ceiling, she didn't try to find out where she was. The only thing she was thinking about, was Anakin. He got angry at her, he threatened her, he almost killed her even if he knew she was pregnant! Speaking of that, her hands reached her stomach. Obi Wan said nothing, the words were stuck in his throat. But she turned her head towards him so he put his hand in her hair and started to brush them.

"What happened?" She asked. She was so weak that her voice was nearly inaudible.

"Nothing. I am afraid it is too late for him now."

"Did you kill him? Is he dead?"

He could feel that she started to panic at the idea that her Anakin was gone. Well, he was. But in a certain way.

"No, no. I couldn't. But I left him in a bad way so I don't know a lot of things about his actual state. But something in my heart tells me that he is recovering."

The Force. They were both still connected to each other. Even though they weren't on the same planet, they could felt if the other was dead. The strange side of the Force.

"Padme. I know it's hard. I know you feel betrayed but you must fight! You must live for your babies, they need you. You might think that all hope is lost but it is not! The battle has just began and we will need you in this."

"I can't. I can't do it. I love my children with all my heart but I don't know what to do."

She started to cry.

"My heart, my soul and my mind are broken. I can't pretend that everything is alright because it is not. Obi Wan, I know you lost someone important tonight but I lost myself. I don't want to live a life where he is not..."

He knew at this very moment that the battle for her life was over. She had decided to let her go and nothing will change that. He stepped back a little to think about the babies. What to do with them, where to put them, millions of questions were jostling in his brain and none of them had answers. He sat back when the robot-doctor came to begin the childbirth.

A few minutes after that, the twins were born. A boy and a girl. Padme was still strong enough to name them: Luke and Leia. They were beautiful. The perfect mix between Padme and Anakin. The robot took Leia to wash her and Obi Wan stayed with Luke beside the mother. He smiled at her, complimented the babies in a desperate attempt to persuade her that she needed to live for them. But he saw in her eyes that she was not easily influenced anymore. She looked at the jedi but her eyes were half closed, she was breathing with difficulties but she managed to say something.

"Obi Wan, there's good in him... I know, I know there is... Still..."

She closed her eyes, her head fell slowly on her shoulder and in a final sigh, she died.