Give It A Try (Ch. 2)

Chapter 2

Kristen's Pov

"You okay, Mitch?" A familiar voice yells to us. Jerome. Jerome!?

"Jerome?" I call out.

"Kristen?" He asks. I nod. I run and hug him.

"Oh it's been so long," I pull away. He smiles. Mitch pulls me away.

"Wait, can we talk about this?" He sternly asks, grabbing my arm. I pull my arm away.

"Talk about what?" I ask, clear eyed, and boringly.

"Ima-uh-leave you two alone..." Jerome awkwardly says running back to what seems to be their group of friends.

"You. Abused? You never told me about that!" He practically yells.

"Mitch, don't you understand? It's been like over 4 years from when you moved, stuff's changed. A lot, actually," I say.

"Kristen, maybe I-I can help you. I may not have been able to help you then but now, I want to keep you safe," he pulls me close to him by the wrist.

I smile, fakely, still tears falling.

"I wish you could" I release and start walking away.

"Kris where are you going?" He calls/asks while I walk.

"Away from here, back to hell" I chuckle.

He runs after me.

"So this is it? We were best friends until I left. Now that we meet again, you decide that you hate me?" He asks.

I turn around to him.

"I don't hate you, Mitchell.." I murmur.

"Then stay with me, Jerome, our friends. You'll be safe, I promise," he grins.

"I wish, Mitch, I wish I could believe that. I'll never be safe, not now anyway, not since I met Jake.." I mumble the last part of my sentence.

"Who's Jake? Is he the dick who's hurting you?"

Does he actually still care? Does he really still want to be a part of my life again?

I shrug. "Does it matter, to you?" I ask.

"It does. I still care, Kristen, I do."

"Just.. Leave me alone," I angrily say and run off.

"Kristen!" He yells out to me. I keep running, back home.

Mitch's Pov

I sigh and frown.

"I'm sorry I couldn't save you, Kristen" I whisper to her as she runs away. Jerome jogs over to me, along with Quentin, Annie, Palmer (don't know his name sorry), Jerome, and Noah.

"Who's the chick?" Annie asks.

I sigh. "My old best friend," Jerome says.

"My first love.." I add.

Jerome chuckles and nods.

"What she says?" Jerome asks.

"Mitch, are you okay? You're.. Crying?" Says Quentin. I then notice that. I clear my eyes and nod.

"Yeah, I think so.. I just need to do something" I say and then running the same direction as her.

"MITCH!" Jerome calls.

I look through the streets, hoping to remember where she lived. Until I finally find it. I'm not sure if she still lives here, though. Maybe her parents are here, they may remember me. They were super nice. Or her sister. She was cool. I take a deep breath and knock on the door. The door is opened by this douchey looking 19 year old guy. He crosses his arms.

"Who you?" He asks.

"Does Kristen live here?" I ask, straight to the point.

He nods. "Yea, she might. But who are you?" He asks.

I gulp. "No one you need to know, you?" I ask.

"Jake" he replies. This is the douche who's been hurting Kristen.

"Wait, you're the guy who's been hurting Kristen?" I ask.

He shakes his head. I know that's a lie.

Suddenly, I swing a punch to his face. Crap.

His nose bleeds, and he chuckles.

"You little shit" he laughs. He huffs and punches me in the gut. I gasp for air. And then he punches me across the face, causing me to fall. I chuckle.

"Kristen deserves better than you."

"Like who? You?" He laughs.

I nod. "Yeah. I'd treat her way better than you. I know her better than you" I pick myself up.

He smirks. "Yeah, sure."

"Yeah, sure," I copy what he says.

"She doesn't even like you" he smirks.

"And how do you know that?" I ask.

"Because. She once spoke of this Mitch guy. How he didn't protect her. How he didn't keep his promise. How he made her feel like crap. Yeah, I know all about you!"

"You little shit" I murmur and then punch him. He runs at me, making me fall on the ground.

Him on top and punching me across the face multiple times.

"MITCH?!" A female voice cries. Jake is pulled off and I see Kristen looking worried.

"It's alright, babe, I got this," Jake says.

"No!" She cries, "get away from him. Right. Now!"

Jake chuckles and walks away. She kneels down to me. Feeling my forehead.

"Your bleeding" she worriedly says.

"I'm okay" I tiredly say.

"No, you're not. Why're you here anyway?" She asks.

"I needed to come get you. I can't help but think someone's doing this to you," I say, Kristen carefully touching the bruises on my face. I twitch.

"Ow!" I shriek. She cringes.

"I'm sorry.." She whimpers.

"For what?" I ask.

"For getting you into this" she frowns.

"It's not your fault. It's mine. I should've stayed with you" I mumble.

"It wasn't your fault you needed to move" she strokes my hair.

"Well..."

"What?" She asks.

"My parents gave me the option, and I.. Wanted to.." I murmur.

She let's go. Dropping my head on the concrete.

That hurt like hell.

"And, and you didn't tell me?" She exclaims. I shake my head.

"I'm sorry Kris" I calmly say.

She gulps.

"All that matters is that.. We bring you to the hospital" she says.

I nod and she drives me there.

Not saying a word.

Everything has changed.

Not sure if it's a good chapter but I tried.. I've been SO busy lately it freaking sucks.. Love you <3