arch nemesis

Camila is used to being the best in her class, but college changes that. When she meets a sophomore named Lauren, who constantly beats her by the tiniest margin in her literature class, she can't help but despise the girl, and Camila ultimately decides that Lauren Jauregui is her arch nemesis.

-

Camila Cabello hates Lauren Jauregui.

In fact, she'd go as far as to say that Lauren is her arch nemesis. She's never actually spoken to her, but Lauren's mere existence upsets her. If it wasn't for Lauren Jauregui, Camila would be top of her class.

In every test, if Camila gets a 100, Lauren has somehow managed to get extra credit that Camila had no idea about. If Camila does something outstanding in class, Lauren does something even more outstanding.

God, Camila hates her.

Before college, Camila was always top of her class. Nobody beat her, and she got to college to study a literature degree, happy that she'll be able to focus on the one subject and not a plethora of others that she doesn't care about.

But every test, Lauren always beats her, even if it's by 0.01%. Another reason why Camila can't stand her, is because literature isn't even Lauren's major. From her extensive Facebook stalking – out of hate, obviously – she knows that Lauren is a biology and animal studies double major. Why she's in Camila's literature class, and why she's so fucking good at it is unknown to her.

She's a sophomore, too, so Camila is clearly disadvantaged.

Camila is determined to beat her. So, when the grades for their last test are posted, and she glances over at Lauren's paper, she deflates. Camila had got a 99. Lauren has a 100.

She's so fucking angry, because Camila works so hard to be the top of her class, and Lauren comes along and ruins it for her. Lauren Jauregui, and her perfect grades, her stupid hair that always seems to fall in the right place despite being messy, her irritating green eyes, her annoyingly cute black and grey bomber jacket that Camila never sees her without, and her downright awful smile.

(She hates her, she hates her, she hates her.)

Naturally, being second again puts Camila in the worst mood. She's so annoyed that she excuses herself to the bathroom in the middle of class so she can splash some water on her face and help herself calm down, because she knows it's dumb that she gets so irritated about it, but Lauren beats her by the tiniest margins, and it's the worst. It's like finding out that you were one mark off an A on your exam. Annoying.

When she goes back to class, she's still seething, but she notices a note on the table where she'd been sat. She picks it up with a frown, because she doesn't remember leaving anything except her notebook and pen.

She thinks that maybe it's a mistake, but Camila Cabello is written on the folded up piece of paper in neat cursive. She opens up the note, wondering where the hell it came from.

Hi,

I don't do things like this, but my best friend told me I should follow my heart, and that's what I'm doing.

So, I just wanted to say that you're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. Your smile lights up the entire room, but I don't get to see it that often, which is a terrible misfortune, but I guess that makes it ten times more precious on the rare occasions I do get to see it. Your hair always looks good, like you just wake up and it's always perfect like that. I love your eyes the most. A lot of people prefer blue or green eyes, but I love brown eyes, yours especially. Sometimes, the light hits you perfectly, and your eyes turn a deep amber, and sometimes I wish that they were directed at me, but I'm sure you don't know I exist. Your eyes are the windows to the soul, and I bet your soul is just as beautiful as your eyes are.