pepperoni pizza & cinnamon rolls

Camila develops a crush on the cute girl working at a bakery, and unfortunately for her, she's the one girl who is completely impervious to Camila's relentless flirting.

-

It's just a normal day when Camila meets the love of her life.

In fact, it's such a mundane day, that she would've forgotten about it in its entirety if not for Lauren Jauregui. It's a normal Saturday, and Camila meets her best and only friend, Dinah, at the mall. It'd taken a lot for Dinah to get her out, because Camila had been tired and really wanted a lie in that morning, since she'd been up late binge watching a new show.

But of course, in Dinah's eyes, that's no excuse, so she's at the mall as usual, going through all of the shops with her friend. This time, their trip has a purpose, though it usually doesn't; Dinah needs a new outfit for a date. Camila's already forgotten the guy's name, but Dinah never expects her to keep up. She's casually dating a new guy (or girl) every other week, before she finds the tiniest flaw to complain about and dump them over.

Camila swears the only reason she came was to get McDonalds for lunch, but she does like seeing her best friend happy too. However, when they finally get up to the food court, Camila gets a nasty piece of news. The McDonalds was closed indefinitely.

"Well, that's it, it's the end of the world." Camila sighs dramatically. "I might as well die."

Dinah rolls her eyes. "It's not like that's the only McDonalds in Miami."

"Yeah, but you're not going to walk to any of the other ones, are you?" Camila questions, already knowing the answer, and rolling her eyes when Dinah shakes her head. "But I want a quarter pounder."

"Too bad," Dinah says, "just go to that bakery place over there. Or the KFC."

"You know I hate KFC," Camila points out, resigning herself to her fate. She guesses she could postmates a McDonalds later and just get a sandwich or a pastry from the bakery. "Fine. You're lucky I love you enough to not drag you to the nearest McDonalds."

Camila leaves Dinah at one of the tables, and heads over to the bakery, noting that it has no line, compared to the other food options – which, honestly, there aren't that many. This is probably Miami's smallest mall, and since the newer, bigger one opened, everyone goes there.

When the girl working the counter spots her, her entire demeanour perks up, like a puppy spotting its owner. "Hallo! My name is Lauren Michelle Jauregui, and I will be your cashier. What would you like to order?"

Camila takes one look at the girl and nearly melts, because she's possibly the most attractive human being she's ever seen. Lauren's eyes won't meet hers, and keep flitting to different things, but Camila can tell how bright and positively entrancing they are. Her lips are plump and look soft, but Camila stops herself from staring, because looking at the pretty girl's lips is kind of a clue that she's checking her out. Lauren has a simple silver stud in her left nostril, and when she turns to answer a question her colleague asks her, Camila spots the dragonfly tattoo on the back of her neck.

Fuck, Camila thinks, tattoos are so hot.

Lauren adjusts the ponytail her black hair is tied up in, and makes sure it's through the back of the baseball cap she's wearing with the name of the bakery embroidered on the front. "Um, so... are you going to order something?"

Oh god, I've been staring, Camila realises, and she blinks in surprise, feeling bad for holding up a possible line, but she turns and she's still the only one there. "Uh, yeah, I- I haven't... I haven't eaten here before, so I'm just thinking about what to order."