Chapter 0: Persuasion

Child. 

She looked up with her hazel eyes. No movement, no fear in her eyes. 

No sign of emotion.

What is your name?

She gasped for air like it was too hard for the small creature to speak. 

 "Isolda." She answered. 

You lost your caretaker. 

Her eyes couldn't water up, she was too exhausted to cry. 

Do you want what was yours back?

The huge, black mists tail went around her small body to trap her. 

"How?" She asked.

I want his power. 

Excalibur.

"I want my mother back." She said weakly but determined. 

I will bring her back. But in return, you will train and go against your King and his sword.

"King Arthur." She said without hesitation. 

The mighty beast, who was a sword when she first found it, shifted to sitting position. 

Do we have a deal?

"A deal with the devil himself." She looked the fierce dragon in the eyes. And nodded. 

A grin grew on the beast's lips, showing his sharp teeth. 

I am glad we cooperated this quickly. 

I am.

Castor.

The one legendary sword whose goal is to kill Excalibur for his power. 

The dragon rose and unfolded his strong wings. His eyes a strong red color glowed and the little girl folded her arms on her eyes not to get blinded. 

You have chosen to accept my deal. You have been granted with powers no normal human has. The stronger you get, the stronger your soul connected to me is. When fully trained, you will be able to defeat Excalibur.

I will be your sword until you die, or if you choose to split the contract after I kill Excalibur. 

He dragged a sword from his chest and plunged it into the ground. 

The girl walked to the sword but halted before she took it. 

However, you will die if you break the contract before my wish becomes reality. You caretaker will never come back, and your soul will be locked in the sword forever. 

Like the previous owner. 

"I understand." She said with caution in her voice. 

She grabbed the sword and dragged it out. 

A burning sensation went trough her body. It quickly went from hot lava to full energy. 

The contract.

Has been sealed.