MY LEFT FOOT

I absolutely love watching films. I am a wrestling fan so any genre other than action, I enjoy watching. One of my friend shared an article of 15 best low budget films that are a must watch. I went through it and selected 3-4 movies but due to my schedule I saw only this flick that is "My Left Foot, The story of Christy Brown".

It's a story of a man who was born with cerebral palsy in a poor, big family in Dublin slum. It was shown how it was difficult for a family to raise a handicapped child. It was a great sight to see Christy's family supporting especially his mother who despite the lack of facilities continues to backup Christy by believing and trusting him.

Christy wasn't an easy person to understand or to live with yet like many great artists Christy Brown was very sensitive, caring, possessive. Like normal human beings, he falls in love with his speech therapy instructor but was left heartbroken. He was considered abnormal yet his story is relatable to any normal person. The only part that was in his control was his left foot and uses this part so positively that He turns out to be an excellent painter, fundraiser, poet, and a novelist of his own chronicle. He has shown frustration, depression yet he tries to grow and push his boundaries. His mother was that one exemplary lady who has always tried her best to keep Christy's morale high.

Brown was an arrogant, willful, stubborn person, his story is not presented to be inspirational or to sympathize with him yet his story left us with a sense to revive or find our lost inspiration, determination, perseverance, courage and most importantly the self-believe and spirit of never giving up.

I pondered and concluded that Allah Almighty has blessed us with so much potential that we usually never use. We have our active mind and body, so why not we all should use them in doing something positive and peaceful not only for ourselves but for others. Life struggles are always positive so we all should try to use our experiences in a good way. It's a beautiful film and I request you all to watch this film, I hope u all will enjoy.

THIS FILM/STORY IS AN AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF CHRISTY BROWN.