Chapter Six: Fate's Desire

A month and a half had come to pass after that first meeting between Dominicai and Erin. Dom often found himself hoping and sometimes praying that she would saunter back through that front door, but she never did. The Fae had been purposely avoiding the bar as she felt that she wasn't ready to face the conflicting emotions that the Daemon filled her with and figured time away would allow her to forget about the man with eyes of hell fire and a voice of seductive velvet. Yet, as fate would have it in that month's passing, his presence invaded her thoughts almost constantly. This situation had been much the same for Domonicai. As hard as he tried, he could not rid his mind of her beautifully haunting eyes. They haunted his dreams, invading his every waking thought. 

---------------------------------- 

Erin was currently wandering down the crowded streets of this small town, watching with unexplainable envy at the couples passing by who seemed to see no one and nothing else but their significant other. It forced her to think of a certain tall, dark handsome stranger that could not seem to stay from the forefront of her mind. Shaking her head and lowering her gaze, she growled under her breath hands shoved deep in to her pockets. Damn it! Leave me alone Dom! I don't want you. That small voice in the back of her mind questioned. Are you sure, Erin?  

She sighed, leaning her back against a tree as she turned her gaze skyward. Today was beautiful with the trees just beginning to turn color due to the coming fall weather. Noticing this beauty, she yearned for home and recalled it was no longer home to her. 

---------------------------------- 

On his first day off in gods know how long, Domonicai went for a walk through the park in the center of town. For some curious reason, he felt the familiar sensation of someone's eyes on him. They didn't seem malevolent, but that was no reason for him to let his guard down. Slowing his already leisurely pace, he continued along the path with his eyes upon the trees as some of the leaves were already turning gold and varying shades of red. He hid behind a tree, looking around it to see exactly who it was. His breath became caught in his throat as he saw that Erin was looking about as if she had lost something, or rather someone, important. Feeling a warmth spread through him, he snuck about the periphery of her vision and wrapped his arms around her waist. 

Domonicai felt her heart hiccup and her breath quicken as fear was scented on her skin. She gently struggled, her hips rubbing against his and it made him silently hiss as she began to unintentionally peak his desire. He leaned forward to whisper huskily into her ear.  

"Oh, stop. You know very clearly who it is. I saw you following me from the very beginning, my little beauty." He had ceased to care if this was right or wrong. All he knew was that he wanted her for himself and he'd be damned if anyone else had her. 

She gasped softly, a sound of recognition as she realized exactly who it was. "Dom... I..." Her thoughts became scattered and chaotic, her long denied desires beginning to rise to the surface. His hands wandered over her form as if they had a mind of their own, an unbidden whisper of a moan passing from her lips. A shiver travelled over her form and her body leaned into his own, as if seeking warmth from the suddenly dominant male holding her to him. 

"Quit denying yourself, my dear. I can see that you that you want this just as I do." He again whispered into her ear, kissing just below her earlobe. This action caused such delicious warmth to pool between her legs and those lovely addictive tingles spread over every inch of her skin. 

Instinctively, she pressed against him until only their clothing was keeping them from being skin to skin. He didn't know how much longer he could bear this delicious torment he was putting himself through. A soft groan passed his lips as he gently bit the cord of muscle that hid her jugular. She shuddered gently, a low and primal moan of his name passing her lips.